 Trains / 18981
18980  |  18982
Subject:
train mass
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 03:29:38 GMT

I only have a few models out of storage, but I decided to weigh them the
other day. I only had access to a 440 g max balance, so I couldn't weigh
my observation car, but I could weigh my caboose, my GP30, my SD40-2, my
new LEGO Santa Fe. Of course, I had to weigh them in parts. Here are the
masses.

LEGO Santa Fe with motor 454 g
LEGO Santa Fe without motor 407 g

My Caboose 483 g
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/lego/trains/cabeese/cabeese.htm

GP30 with motorized truck 742 g
(approximate, model not quite finished yet)
SD40-2 with two motorized trucks 999 g
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/lego/trains/engines/engine_gallery.htm

Anyone else amused that my SD40-2 weighs a kilogram! That 2.2 lbs to you
and me.

Unfortunately, I couldn't weigh any of my box cars, flatbeds, or
tankers. I also couldn't way any of my Metro Liner rolling stock because
nearly all of my LEGO is still packed up.

Chris

PS The LEGO caboose... 179g