 Trains / 18925
Re: see Schickele tram train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 21:50:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Pedro Silva writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
This tram model caught my attention.  Uses a new windscreen element to
achieve the perfect look for this imitation of the real thing.

Nice model Marc!

No doubt about that!...

Comparing to your own design (one of my favourites BTW), it becomes obvious
that 6 wide is better for scale but 8 wide takes the prize for detail... :-)

The 7 segments retain fairly accurate proportions, at least on a first • glance.
I still wonder how Marc has done the wheelset arrangement, though. I've been
looking for a design with a truly *low* wheelset to use in a car-transport
wagon, but so far unsuccessfully. Perhaps the key to that is to be found
behind the fairings of this Eurotram?

Pedro (whose city has 23 brand new Eurotrams, and 50 more on the way)

Thanks.

The windscreen give me the Idea to modelize the tram. I find this vehicule
had a nice design. I used small train wheels for the cabins and the 2
connection modules. The tram is 6 de large and the fairings is applied over
the modules, this trick allow to used this small wheels. That was not easy. I
post on brickshelf the underside.
This MOC is not motorized, but I think it's possible. Next I plan to work on
the motorization, and to construct the model (after I have the necessary
bricks).

Marc