 Trains / 18941
Re: New Poll // Train History
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 08:30:35 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Matthew J. Chiles writes:
On Tue, 7 Jan 2003 01:31:02 GMT, John wrote:

Well, in the case of Lego where did our gauge come from?

Remember
that the earliest trains used standard wheels without tires.  The
wheels had both inner and outer flanges on their rims.

Hi Matt,

that is not correct as far as I know. All train always used special train
wheels (except from none-track based ones like 323 + 396). But you are right:
in the early years (from 1966 - 1971) they used the standard wheel blocks.
First with 4-stud wheels later with spoked wheels.

Makes no big difference, but I just wanted to kill a rumor befor it spreads
out. If I should be wrong, please let me know - I'm always very interested in
any info on the early train stuff by TLC (**).

Kind Regards,

Ben

(**)
Is there a building instruction for set 114 out in the world?
Has 114 ever been released and where has it been sold?
So far I suppose: 114 has been sold in northern Europe only and it
probably contained no paper instruction but a black and white print on the box
only (as known from European 113).