 Trains / 18939
Re: Inspired by new HST set 4511
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 05:32:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Stefan Garcia writes:
Very nice!  I especially like your idea for the dome car.  Never seen that
approach.  I also like the SNOT windows.

The idea for the dome car uses non-existant-to-us trans-dark-gray 4x6 dual
45 degree slope roof elements.  :-(  So, no real-brick build unless 2x4 45
degree slopes are substituted.  I wonder how rare 2x4 45 degree trans-clear
slopes are?

I hope Lego's ICE is somewhere in the ballpark of yours!  Very cool.

Don't know.  But, for me the most important aspect of seeing the 4511 set
preliminary picture was that it was inspiring to me.  The prelim pic of 4511
showed just enough teasing detail, yet hid specifics, so that I was curious
enough to try to expand upon my imagination of what the 4511 might be like.

The 4511 shows an age 7+, so maybe the front nose is a new element.  ??

I'm very pleased to see new train items continue to come out.  Even if the
4511 ICE-ish set is not to everyone's liking, I think it can be a great
starting point for original designs or even modified to alternate
constructions.  No matter, it's LBB*-- build it per instructions, rebuild it
as you wish, and redesign it as you change your mind.

later,
James Mathis
* per John Neal:  LEGO(R) building bricks/blocks(?)...OR, maybe...LBE:
LEGO(R) building elements?