 Trains / 18892
Re: 2003 Trains - great!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 08:11:06 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Erik Olson writes:
I think Ben should say if he made the pictures this time. I think Ben would
have used more green and red colors, but maybe the low-key approach is part
of the trick.

I had nearly the same thought, Erik.

The quality of these pictures is not so much better tham those in my year 2000
april fools joke. Models are dark and fuzzy, track is missing and the models
are photographed in a way that they are partly out of the picture, but wide
areas of the picture are not filled with Lego content.

Then the masks: those are obviously always the same, only number and
suggested age differ. But the frames are all in different sizes, depending on
the picture resolution, which looks weird.

Still I think this will become reality. Lego got faster (the end of years sets
are obviously still not finished as prototypes, no box design available till
now) and even leaks appear earlier in a phase of preproduction as it seems.

I am looking forward for these sets. And if they are not realized, maybe Lego
could bring out the 4424 set instead of the now coming central station?
Woulnd not fit to the high speed train, but any freight train might want to
make a stop there:
http://www.fgltc.org/bwoabs/misc/pi406.jpg

Regards,

Ben