 Trains / 18827
Re: 2003 Trains - great!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 15:50:30 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bert Waters writes:

So the Bullet trains are $180 for two? They come two to a carton also, and
both sets say "each". At $90 for the Bullet trains and $140 for the cargo
trains, it looks - great!

If you look at the bullet train pic, it gives the impression that it does
not come with a complete circle of track, at least to me.

LEGO has always been careful not to put things that aren't included into
their pics. (I am talking about the older packaging now) So sets that come
without track tended to be photographed on that blue ground, blue/red/yellow
cave walls background. If the set came with track it would be sitting on
track but if it didn't it would just be a printed picture of track on the
blue ground

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4558 (has track)
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3225 (doesn't have track)

Now the pic of the bullet is a bit small...

http://www.marzdistribution.com/images/LEGO-4511.jpg

but to my eyes it has some straights but the train itself is NOT sitting on
track. If the set came with curved track and LEGO was sticking to previous
form, the train would be sitting on it.

Note also that they're using a new stylised background which is common
between at least 4511 - 4514.

However these are not necessarily the final set pics, some still say "XXX
pieces"