 Trains / 18828
Re: 10017 Mini-Hopper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 16:14:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Kevin Salm writes:
In lugnet.trains, David Graham writes:
Has anybody made alternate versions of any of the other recent train items?
10017 seems to be the one most suited to changing.
What about a alternate train from 10020 the Santa Fe loco?

David

I have seen the Santa Fe loco built in different colors.  Actually, I built
some in different colors immediately.  I have Blue with Gray Stripes and Black
with Light Gray.  I have also seen some built to Union Pacific RailRoad color
scheme -- Yellow with Red details.  I don't know who owns the Yellow versions.

Okay, I just dug out some pics taken at BrickFest 2002 that show the
alternate-colored F7 locomotives.

My Blue version -- http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=215647
My Black version -- http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=215633
the Yellow version -- http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=215634

The 10020 Santa Fe loco would look good in any alternate color scheme, IMO.
But as far as modifying it further, I am not sure there are many options.

I've seen it modified into many other things... it's a good starting point,
if a bit short, for many different cab/cowl units.

MichLTC's Stefan Garcia made a nice ALCO FA using it as a starting point,
for instance.