 Trains / 18793
Re: 10017 Mini-Hopper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 22:48:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mark Palmer writes:
Interesting, I came up with a similar design last year,

http://www.jumare.freeserve.co.uk/lego/trains/5085_main.html

mine is literally half of 10017.

Mark

"Harvey Henkelman" <Ferroequus@webtv.net> wrote in message
Due to the small size of my living arrangment, my goal is to include • only
four-wheeled waggons on my layout. Unable to give up the beautiful • 10017
hopper, I shrunk the design to the two-axle version seen here...

http://community.webtv.net/Ferroequus/GoodsWaggons

...it keeps the exact same opening mechanism as the full-size set, but • in
half the space.

Comments are welcome,

-Harvey

Very nice, Harvey and Mark.  I must agree that bigger is never necessarily
better.  Although it's nice to see a long line of rolling stock on a track,
I personally prefer cars that are 16 studs or less.  This allows to make
fixed axle cars, and eliminates the need for bogie plates.  A few years
back, I made a series of 16-stud 6 wide Metroliner cars, which were pulled
by a small shunting engine.  I really liked the effect created, and I found
that I could build more types of cars when building shorter, and it provided
a nice challenge for interior design.

-Kevin