 Trains / 18796
Re: 10017 Mini-Hopper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 14:48:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Kevin McMillin writes:
In lugnet.trains, Mark Palmer writes:
Interesting, I came up with a similar design last year,

http://www.jumare.freeserve.co.uk/lego/trains/5085_main.html

mine is literally half of 10017.

Mark

"Harvey Henkelman" <Ferroequus@webtv.net> wrote in message
Due to the small size of my living arrangment, my goal is to include • only
four-wheeled waggons on my layout. Unable to give up the beautiful • 10017
hopper, I shrunk the design to the two-axle version seen here...

http://community.webtv.net/Ferroequus/GoodsWaggons

...it keeps the exact same opening mechanism as the full-size set, but • in
half the space.

Comments are welcome,

-Harvey

It's interesting how two people can take divergent paths when it comes to
their ideas for making a set smaller while still preserving the overall
effect. I'm waiting for more tan slopes and 6×12 plates so I can remove
those clumsy tie rods from the bottom of the waggon. Improved model coming soon!

-Harvey