 Trains / 18819
Re: 2003 Trains - great!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 10:47:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Roy Gal writes:
Many of you may have seen this from other posts, but  for those who haven't-
NEW TRAINS FOR 2003!
Passenger Train (bullet style)
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-4511
Cargo Train
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-4512
Central Station
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-4513
Cargo Crane
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-4514

Many other 2003 sets can also be seen, including some of the new town lineup!

Roy

Thanks for posting these picture links here!

I just wanted to share a few spontanous thoughts of mine:

- the bullet train looks a lot like the German ICE 3 train. How will the
(one?) car look like? Airplane windows + no doors? What is the use of the
black line in the back of the engine - only decorative use?

- the front of the highspeed train seems to be a 'BURPish' part. I myself like
Santa Fe like solutions much more, but for a kids play train it is really ok.

- Why is the train standing on the floor and not on track? No curved track
included or (hint hint!) maybe new track radius not available during
preproduction photoshooting? (Same for freight train: no curved track
visible).

- The freight train seems to come with lots of useful parts. I see dark grey
trains doors in the box-car. Nice colours, overall well done. Some
similarities to the 4564 - my favorite freight train set.

- The central station may attract kids only. I myself do not like it too much.
Too juniorized in appearance and parts.

- The crane looks like the last one, but has a ladder to the top. Are the
crane pillars grey or in green of staue of liberty?

Now I'm looking forward for better pictures. These sets are not surprising me
too much. Overall they seem to give nice spares for MOCs. With the other
'train spare parts packs' this might become a year as expensive than the one
before (the big orient expedition temple gives for sure a nicer central
station). With some more highlights from S@H it will offer enough to overstep
easiely my budget. So 2003 will hopefully be a good Lego®-year for fans and
TLG again!

Kind Regards,

Ben