 Trains / 19040
Re: 2003 Trains - great!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 23:14:51 GMT

"Rob Doucette" <lego@nospam.doucettenet.com> writes:
In lugnet.trains, Gary Mullen writes:
My question is, has anyone here setup an account with Marz Distribution?

I haven't put a lot of thought into the idea but seems like it
might make sense for some of the LUGs to setup an account and
purchase sets that way.

Anyone have experience of doing this?

At a minimum, you need a state sales tax license which will probably require
state registration as a business.

Those are trivial to get, at least in California.  I have one.

Don't assume that there is any great savings by purchasing from Marz.  LEGO
leaves them very little margin, especially with new releases.  You can often
do better at a K-Mart BOGO sale.  Also, delivery of shipments are sporadic
at best.  LEGO sends them what they can when they can, most likely behind
TRU and WalMart.

There are probably a lot of other strict restrictions on ordering.
For one thing I know that hobby shops can't carry just the trains
line, or they would order it from Marz.  So there must be some large
minimum quantity and breadth of product line requirements.

--Bill.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by
little statesmen and philosophers and divines."        - Emerson