 Trains / 18894
18893  |  18895
Subject:
Calling for BricksWest train sessions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 05:47:37 GMT

Hi All,

Listed below are the current train sessions that are being presented at BW
2003. If you are interested in presenting or co-presenting a session please
LMK. There's no topic concerning electronics or Mindstorms etc., that would
be great. How about Out-of-the-box train fun, spirals, whirly-gigs, roller
coasters... Or how about a presentation about your Top 10 Favorite MOCs with
pictures and commentary on each, How to make a great train layout, 8-Wide or
Die! (for John only), or more town centric, Skyscrapers! Bridges!... there's
more to talk about than time!

There are also two evening train events.
Saturday night will start with a mixer for 30 mins or so. During the mixer
you can display your train MOCs (including anything train or train layout
related; town etc...) on a display table. For the next 60 mins we'll have an
informal show and tell where you can take 3-5 mins to describe your model;
anything goes; tips and tricks, where your inspiration came from, funny
story whatever. I found that when I'm staring at a MOC, especially during a
convention when your complete overwhelmed with sensory input, I can't see
anything. It's really great to have a "tour" of the MOC by the
designer/builder. SO BRING YOUR MOCs AND STORIES!!!! After that we hang and
run trains till we can't stand it any longer! :)

Sunday night will be a discussion round table about the future of LEGO
trains and standards and clubs, etc. I think Jake will be there (TBD).

Thanks everyone!
SteveB
BW03 Train session coordinator

LIST OF SESSIONS:
The Making of a Multi-Dimensional Train Layout - Robert Powell
More Advance Train Building (TBD) - Steven Barile
Designing in Details for Trains & Town - Jeremy Rear
Design Study: New Track Geometry - Ben Fleskes
Design Study: Train SNOT & More - James Mathis