 Trains / 18880
Re: Alco c420 2010 Diesel Locomotive and a Generic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 22:43:16 GMT

It's been my observation with low noses that they tend to operate short hood
first when on lead. It would be a rare road that operated a low nose long
hood first as general practice, unless they got it used and were mostly a
high nose road and operated that way as a general practice. (such as Norfolk
& Western, for example)

Note of course, that there's always a prototype for anything but you're
making a blanket assertion. I'd buy it for the high nose C420s but not the
low noses. however if you have a cite I'm keen to learn that C420s were
unusual in this regard.

Never mind... the 420's a high nose, I got confused with the low nose generic.

Both are great models though!