 Trains / 18563 (-100)
  MOC - Small Train Station

Here is a small train station I built for a layout under our Christmas tree. (URL) the small space available, it had to be significantly more compressed than my usual MOC's and there was no room for interior details. However, I did include a front (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build) !

  Re: New Train Truck (bogie) Design

John wrote: > Necessity is the mother of invention.... > > Until now, I had been happy with using standard LEGO trucks > when building my train cars, even though they are prototypically > incorrect for US versions. Most US rolling stock use a truck (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 Volt train motors and DCC

your 12v motors don't have screws? john hill <johnhill@cnd.co.nz> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: H6H18w.KFI@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) open (...) much (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Success at Pleasanton GATS

FREMONT, CA - BayLTC, the Bay Area LEGO Train Club, has just finished a very successful display at the Great American Train Show in Pleasanton, CA. The club layout came away winning First Place in the train layout contest. Pictures should be coming (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  12 Volt train motors and DCC

Hi guys, I have a number of 9V motors that I have converted to use DCC and also some 12V motors I would like to convert. Does anyone know how to open the 12V motors in such a way that then can be closed again without TOO much mutilation? Thanks (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Truck (bogie) Design

(...) Yes, as far as I can tell, that is my application as well (articulation). I would like to see more pics of your MOC, as well as more in general from you Italian 8 widers-- I love your stuff! I will be posting my cars in a week or so. (...) My (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Truck (bogie) Design

(...) ??? I am *constantly* running out of bricks! Every project requires frequent patronage of various Bricklink vendors:-) Thanks for the compliment, Stefan. -John (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Truck (bogie) Design

Awesome truck design!!! Kinda a parts-eater, but I get the feeling you don't have to worry about running out of bricks. I like the use of the arm-thingies especially. Very cool. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Truck (bogie) Design

(...) John, I had a similar problem some time ago with my 3 axle car wagons: (URL) the middle axle is "naked" ie without the outer part. I used the 1x2 door rail plates too,but I put 2 of them side by side (realizing a 1x4 plate with door rail) (...) (22 years ago, 1-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New Train Truck (bogie) Design

Necessity is the mother of invention.... Until now, I had been happy with using standard LEGO trucks when building my train cars, even though they are prototypically incorrect for US versions. Most US rolling stock use a truck that closely resembles (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: opening / repairing 12v grey transformer 7864

(...) Well, I just drilled out the six plugs. (I already thought they would have something to do with keeping it closed but I though they maybe could be pushed in or something) From the remains of the plugs it is clear you have to destroy them. They (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  4-4-4 Steamer MOC Instructions

Hi All, Over the holiday weekend, I was able to finish up the LDRAW model for the 4-4-4 steamer I posted about a couple of weeks ago. After moderation, the instructions and a couple of renderings can be found here: (URL) couple of points to mention: (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: GWLTS photos

(...) I built a boat the other day but it wouldn't float upright even with four airtanks holding it up on outriggers. I tried to motorise it but when I placed the motor on board the whole thing tipped and I had to lift the motor off again before it (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Teaser Picture: Blown up Mathis Models.

Hi all, Felix, a 16 years old fellow from the FGLTC has made up a pair of 8-wide models inspired by two MOCs of James. he allowed me to announce a very first teaser picture of it (later this is planned to become an ISCC II entry): (URL) am amazed (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains) !

Please let us know the result Esger Abbink <e.abbink-no-spam-pl...chello.nl> wrote in message news:H6977q.6qA@lugnet.com... (...) may (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: opening / repairing 12v grey transformer 7864

Hi Esgar, Getting close to 10 years ago the 12V transformer I had was starting to lose its power a bit, so I ended up buying a new transformer. A few years after that, I was given the opportunity to open the original transformer in an attempt to see (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GWLTS photos

(...) yes, phone masts (cell towers) are cool! (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train tracks and Xmas model

(...) Yes the track can be modified although it would make more sense to just order 9v track and save the nightmare. If you want to run newer 9v train cars on 4.5v track there shouldn’t be much problem as long as you have a 4.5v train motor pulling (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GWLTS photos

I was thinking of a Lego one, a real one with a working boat would be outstanding. I think it should have a glass (perspex) side so you can see underwater! Mark "James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  More NovaLUG show photos

Here are a few more photos of the Dartmouth show: (URL) Included are some shots of Jean-Marc's Volvo dealership. The GP9 with the CN "noodle" is my latest creation. Although it's hard to see, I used a 21 stud string (x127a) for the long handrail. (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  opening / repairing 12v grey transformer 7864

Hi, I've got a couple of transformers that apparently dont work anymore but may very well be easily repairable. However I cant seem to find a way to open them up without damaging the housing beyond repair. Does anyone have a clue how to get to the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) Actually, it wasn't too bad. Only 3 bricklink orders. There were a few sellers out there who had amassed small hordes of these bricks. I think I hit all the major hordes. Luckily no one else wanted to do this, or I would have been out of luck. (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Additions to my Town Planning site

I've added two new articles to my Town Planning site, one on Layout Design: (URL) one on Ideas for Buildings: (URL) you have comments, corrections, additions, or ideas for more articles (especially if you'd like to write one!) please let me know. (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce) !

  Train tracks and Xmas model

I have 2 questions: First i have a very old 4.5v lego train and i was wondering if i could use the tracks from my old train in newer sets, i think the answer is no but is there a way that tracks could be modified?? Anyone with some info regarding (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GWLTS photos

(...) Q- are you meaning a watertight canal? Or just a lego one? I have ideas as to how to manage a watertight one, but haven't done anything about it yet...lack of time. They involve wooden U shaped boxs, fiberglass resin and vasoline to seal (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: NSW 40 Class Diesel...New And Improved

(...) The URL works fine with me, if not try... (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NSW 40 Class Diesel...New And Improved

I really would like to give my opinion.... but your link doesn't work !! :-( Suggestions? Klaas (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) Yes, it _does_ look like a university building (I actually was thinking Princeton, myself). Recently, I tried my hand at a similar building to serve as a public library. It makes good use of Sand Green bricks with a Dark Gray roof. After (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  NCLTC Christmas Layout Display @ South Hills Mall - Raleigh, NC

The North Carolina LEGO Train Club will have a 10'x20' layout on display from December 1st through December 28th at South Hills Mall in Raleigh, North Carolina. Our layout is part of the Christmas theme of the Mall and will be set up in the open (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events) !

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) I think that's actually Alfred Speredelozzi's building. Further, it's a building with a prototype that is (sort of) in your neck of the woods... the Troy NY area to be exact, it's on the campus of RPI. Al is one of our newer members but he's (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) Different elevations are neat. I have not had good-looking results doing this yet, but someday I hope to figure out how to do it well. After looking at all of the pics in the folder, I am quite amazed at the amount of SandGreen slopes used on (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

In lugnet.trains, Bruce Hietbrink writes: Snipped instructive examples. (...) Yes. The issue here may well just be "what is the point at which you have 'too many'..." For me, for this mountain, 10% face coverage was just at the edge of 'too many', (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  NSW 40 Class Diesel...New And Improved

Growing tired of the same old red routine I used in building my locomotives, I decided to try this one using the classic black and gray motif... (URL) made a host of other improvements to this model, not least of which is an overall lengthening of (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

I've had to build several mountains for my Tolkien project and have gone back and forth on BURPs/LURPs. I wasn't thrilled with this cliff: (URL) it was basically just a Burp pile. On my next mountain I tried to completely hide the BURPs (though they (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) Whoops, good catch. 24x24 is what I mean. Sorry about that! I actually miscounted, I used 2 of these. One with the corner replaced (tacked together with plates) and one with it omitted.. The one with it omitted was used just behind the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) Hmm, where are you folks finding 32x32s with missing corner? I have a box full of 24x24s with missing corner, but no 32x32s... :-) :-) :-) I really need to do some sculpted stuff, if for nothing else, just to use up all those huge bricks :-) (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) I don't completely cover them; just about 1/2 covered or so. It lets me get a consistent background color by using piles of grey or dk grey burps. I find that it does take quite a few bricks, but because the burps are the structural layer, I (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) One entrance/portal has angled wings (something that you don't see much in LEGO models) and the other has straight wings but an angled portal. The angle is 45 degrees and it's almost an integral distance, there is a little bending at the top (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) Nice work; I'm especially impressed by the angled tunnel entrance, those are always my particular demon. So much so that I've sworn against them 3 shows running now... :) Looks to be about 45 bricks of vertical or so? My only significant (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  livejournal lego trains community

i didn't see an existing lego trains community on livejournal.com, so i went ahead and created one. if you are a livejournal user, and would like to join the community, come on over. this is not meant as a replacement for lugnet in any way, simply a (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) Spencer in out GATS show in jan. we will have Larrys mountain,paul J.s mountain/church, something from Jason and maybe a drop with a bridge from Amy so we may have 4 different elevations....Chris (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) I have dreamed of doing something like this for a long time, but I'll have to collect a lot more bricks before that ever happens. Thanks for sharing. It looks great. Play well. Tim Strutt (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ATSF warbonnet doodlebug spotted

(...) My ATSF doodlebug was at the Livonia show of course. But that's not why I posted... Cletus Romano has done am ATSF Doodlebug and he's got the oldstyle nose down quite nicely... (URL) three variants of doodlebugs in warbonnet. Any more out (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) It will accomodate some 8 wides but the design goal was to clear the bullet with pantographs up at a normal operating height. It will not accomodate long wheelbase 8 wides as the inside clearances are not as large as the outside ones. The (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) I had a plan, I wanted it to take up a certain space and have tunnel portals at certain points. I laid the track down on the baseplates (one plate off the baseplates, actually, using tiles and a few turntables in strategic spots) and just (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MichLTC train/town display at local NMRC show, Livonia MI

The Michigan Lego Train Club displayed in Livonia this past Sunday. While this was an extremely small layout for us because of limited setup time, I think we had a very strong display with a lot of great detail. Many of the buildings have already (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) Larry, why does it scare me when you actually run short on a particular part? - Perhaps it has something to do with that TRU stockroom-sized cache of Lego you have in your house :-) Good work on the mountain. I agree more dark gray would have (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry (and more on church)

(...) (OFF TOPIC SIDENOTE) My dad used a similar technique a couple years ago for a Meccano church he built. The model eventually was lit from within and displayed in the lobby of the church upon which it was based. The stained glass added greatly (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry (and more on church)

(...) That tank truck (water?) looks nice too. (...) ROSCO (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Several new MOCs...

(...) (URL)Greenbrier: (URL) to mention some features of my Greenbrier. It has variable ashpan and firebox glow, a working headlight of course, and motorized drivers. All the lights and the motor are connected to the 9V train motor, so as the engine (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

Larry, Please post your home address so that I can send over a couple of guys with a new coat for you. The sleeves may be a bit long, but they'll help you fasten them behind your back. You are obviously a danger to yourself. Seriously, though, that (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Does a 1 x 2 x 3 Panel exist in GREEN?...

Does anyone know if a 1 x 2 x 3 Panel exists in GREEN, in any LEGO set? Bricklink Description: (URL) email me if you have any information leading to this part (in green)! :-) Thanks! -jeremy pnltc (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

Nice mountain! I especially like the waterfall and the tunnel portals. Neat "keystone" effect. I'd have to agree that it has too many colors. The tan and the black are the most distracting, IMO. Cool quarry, also. Quite impressive overall, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) yesterday. That deserves to be named as big. I would even tend to huge if there weren't so much nice details and ideas in it. I especially like the portal which leads under 45° into the mountain. (...) In fact it is a little bit 'fuzzy'. As (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

Hi Larry, I just saw your mountain/quarry in .build. I was speechless! That mountain is quite impressive. I am a .castle guy myself, but I like seeing what is going on elsewhere. Your mountain sure grabbed my attention. A guy in .castle just built (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC up and running at SDMRRM now through New Years!

(...) Definitely a good idea. Problems are: 1. The museum has no more permanent layout space available (the last space went to some Lionel types last year). 2. This museum works with some heavy sponsorship relationships. People are always amazed (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.town)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry (and more on church)

(...) Here are a few more pics I found by just iterating the numbers on Peter's images.. (you may find some dead spots but just keep iterating. there's lots to see besides just my stuff. In particular, take a gander at Tony's neato streetlights, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) <snip> (...) Very nicely done Larry! And you fit all that in such a small space! I especially like the little dam, and the etching on the tunnel entrance! Good job--it was worth the wait to see the completed version. Keep up the great work! (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Mountain/Quarry

I have been dropping hints in various places about the "big project" that had been consuming a lot of time. It was revealed at the MichLTC show yesterday. These are deep links, thanks to Peter for taking pics. More pics surely will be available (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: SCLTC up and running at SDMRRM now through New Years!

A suggestion should be made to the SDMRRM that the LEGO® layout be a permanent feature of the museum, just like the O, N and HO scale layouts already are. Think of the publicity and recognition! -Harvey (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.town)

  Re: GWLTS photos

(...) Did (...) a (...) I've thought of this, but working out how to build a module with a canal and still keep the flexibility of the module system is the challange. The green phone mast is mine, we're seeing more painted masts here now. Mark (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GWLTS photos

Hi Manfred, Yes, we are all turning into mobile phone mast geeks! There are so many designs, once you start looking... We acquired some new members for this show, and expanded the layout considerably as a result. I think we put on a great display, (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GWLTS photos

Hello NBLTC members, What a nice modular get-together you all can master. It has grown a lot since the Southport event, where I had the honor of attending together you members of the North British Lego train Club. All those new items. The sloping (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Making your own Stickers?

Hi, My Fiance and I have just finished working through our sets and have noticed a number of sets aer missing stickers. Can anyone recommend any particular printer paper for both clear and white stickers? What sort of printer do you find is best? I (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: X-10 Wireless Camera Train Car

(...) Don't you get pop-up ads in your browser? Try (URL) bought my camera used from a friend. I think the whole setup cost me about $50, but you'll probably pay a bit more buying new. Still, I think you can get one for about $80. (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: X-10 Wireless Camera Train Car

(...) How much one of those cost? where can we buy one? Martin (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: X-10 Wireless Camera Train Car

(...) make it look like a train. Now I'm embarassed! Or I will be as soon as my folder is moderated... I didn't go for looks in mine, I wanted to shoot some quick video and then pull that monster off the layout before anyone noticed. I also didn't (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: X-10 Wireless Camera Train Car

(...) Michael Hader built one of these in 2000 and brought it to a few NGLTC shows. Michael's car had headlights for the tunnels and was very functional in design. It didn't have a motor of its own, so it was either towed or pushed around the track. (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  X-10 Wireless Camera Train Car

They said it couldn't be done! Actually, that was me. I said it couldn't be done. Never say that. I built a train car to carry a wireless X-10 camera around the track for NELUG's layout last weekend. The camera placement is designed to provide an (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GWLTS photos

(...) Already did-- I want dark gray! :-) (...) Holy cow, my apologizes, *Jason*! And sorry for the late apology; this post slipped under my radar:-p -John (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: my first steam moc - 4-4-4 (wheel expirement)

(...) i built a mounting system for the wheels, and put that on a bogie plate. since i didn't put pistons on, i had full rotation. my problem came in when the track noticed that the length of the engine was a bit too long. i had a small de-railment. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: my first steam moc - 4-4-4 (wheel expirement)

(...) ack, my secret is out ;-) i ordered them here: (URL) have a store. i was able to buy just the wheelsets, for like $5 for 4 wheels. unfortunately, i don't see any there today, you may have to call. the only problem is, they come with axles (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Working for the next rtlToronto project! Updating my trains!

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Dean Husby writes: <snip> (...) Thanks for looking, Dean. As stated earlier (and adding to the list of admirers already) I really liked your engine. I'm going to tweak my magnet holders to see if I can come up with (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Pictures of My Halloween Display at Zany Brainy

The folks at the local Zany Brainy were nice enough to let me come set up a single table display and show off my spooky Lego creations for Halloween this year. I finally got some pictures developed and posted to Brickshelf to share with folks: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.us.va.ric, lugnet.harrypotter) !

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) Jerry, do try going the Customer Service route with your warped ones. As other posters relate, CS is friendly and helpful and will do everything they can to set you right. (sometimes they can't of course but it's not for lack of trying) If you (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: my first steam moc - 4-4-4 (wheel expirement)

(...) but (...) I think those are the LGB wheels, as I used them in this engine long long ago: (URL) I repat myself, but I would love to see similar ones by TLC in red and black. The Diameter and flange height are just perfectly fitting into all (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: my first steam moc - 4-4-4 (wheel expirement)

(...) Looks good, Jerry! What, exactly, are those wheels? They almost look like black wagon wheels, but I can't quite make them out. Are they LEGO? As for turns ... what wheels are affixed rigidly to the chassis, and which can rotate? I've found (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) to (...) For those who do not know what we are talking about: (URL) how new baseplates often look like... (...) May work, but there is danger it deforms in another way. If the studs loose their binding ability a flat baseplate does not help (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) While I know someone else mentioned stacking a few together and let them sit over time, I have another solution that works well you just have to be extremely careful. If you have a toaster oven or just an oven heat it up in one of them. Don't (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

Call 1-800-233-8756 (Lego consumer affairs), have Lego send you replacement pieces. Scott (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Question: Scale Models of Talgo

Anyone know how Marklin and other metal scale trains model the coupling system for the Talgo cars? I'd like to find a reference to how other scale trains model the mono-axle and tilting mechanism of the Talgo. Thanks. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  my first steam moc - 4-4-4 (wheel expirement)

i've been working on some new wheel ideas off and on for the past few months. seeing shaun sullivan's 4-4-4 inspired me to throw something together as a test, last night (in fact, it's fairly derivative of shaun's work). i worked from one of my (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) Dunno but I had this idea for an arch quite a while back but never did anything with it (yet) (URL) I have actually built it and it stays together fine with other bricks behind it) ROSCO (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) I recently received a 3737 and the baseplate was fine. I did order it at the same time as a lot of other stuff so it was shipped as one of many things in a huge box. Maybe the warping has to do with the packing and shipping? (The big box meant (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) i ordered some of the 28-long red's at the same time i ordered 3737, those came fine. unfortunately, i'm stuck with either red bases, or making my own most of the time if i want something that large ;-) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) The big reason I order the packs is that I want black 28 stud baseplates. The sets with black baseplates always come with 24 stud baseplates. Of course I don't use baseplates all the time, but for many cars they work just fine. Frank (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) I ordered some of these almost a year ago, and got severely warped plates. I called up customer service who sent out replacements. The replacements were fine, and were not packaged in the service pack. I wonder if part of the problem is that (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) You may well be on to something. It may very well have something to do with the packaging? Perhaps bins and bins of bagged train plates get all akilter while sitting in storage, and get warped. No matter. I don't order these either, I find the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) the few times that i've ordered this part has turned me off ordering train packs altogether. thankfully there's bricklink. no, i never bothered calling for a replacement, i figured the replacements would be just as warped -- instead i stuck (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) Just over three weeks to the thesis defense does wonders. :) As well as having to clean half of my collection from the basement flood back in August as well. Anyone who would like to sort about a 144 gallons of brick for me is welcome to it. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  3737 parts pack again a disappointment

Hello trainheads, I just received an order of two 3737 train wagon parts today. And for the third time...both wagon plates were warped beyond use! Does LEGO® take notice of their parts/set quality at all, or am I talking to a brick wall? This is (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Painted Windows at LLC?(was: Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50)

(...) Do those windows appear to be painted white to anyone else? They look like they were red windows & then painted white to me. Jonathan (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Connect to Under Arch (was: Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50)

(...) There is a way to do it, I believe, but it's arcane. it involves the use of 1x1 thinwall corners (with the corner facing in) which are offset by a plate from the window to provide clearance. (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:H5xruy.8FF@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) (URL) (...) After looking at James' picture I believe it is either a train window (older style as I don't think the soccer bus version has the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Connect to Under Arch (was: Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50)

(...) (URL) or here on a Bricklink page: (URL) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Connect to Under Arch (was: Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50)

(...) Something like that.?? (...) 2 or 1 piece? split vertical down the middle? later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Connect to Under Arch (was: Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50)

(...) that a mosquito sitting on that window? (...) I'd say "neither". Aren't those the windows from the basic buckets that are 2 studs deep? I couldn't find it in the parts ref, but here is a pic from the intructions ref that kind of shows what I'm (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) I don't quite consider it a "find" since I remembered specifically what set it was based on my recollection of building it (several years ago, I haven't cracked my Legends versions yet). (...) True, but John did say: "I'm sure there is a LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Connect to Under Arch (was: Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50)

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes: <snip ideas from babes...or teens> (...) Although not 1x1 rounds into the underside of arches, this window treatment from a building in Miniland(R) at LEGOLAND(R) California demonstrates the general technique. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) Hey Chris- It must be hard to have the collection packed away-- how do you ignore their voices calling out to you at night? ;-) To answer your question, yes, there is wire in the tubing. I discovered a few years back when building a 14 wide (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact