 Trains / *6269 (-100)
  Rolling Stock Pictures

This morning I posted some pictures of some rolling stock I have built over the last couple of days. Two are MOCs, one is a LEGO model in a different color. Picture quality is not the best (I guess one can't expect much from a $100 digital camera). (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible get together?

(...) minutes (...) And Voila! Here I am. 3 months late but here. I'm at the SeaTac Marriott. I am here in Seattle till friday (2 June '00?) early afternoon. I may or may not have time to fest but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get together with some (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.trains.org)

  New sketches on my gallery: the train diaphragm

Hi all, I've updated my gallery with the building instructions for the train diaphragm for articulated locomotives (with no gap between semibodies) You can see it at: www.brickshelf.com/g...m/Sketches and the resulting model at: (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: New MOC Pics

(...) Yes, or perhaps "Amerijunk" or some such thing ;) (...) The green windows would certainly be more prototypical, especially for older wagons. Hopefully Lego Direct will allow us to order such things, as well as the curved roof pieces! I've been (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a really big traincar!!!!!!!

(...) Yes, I have it tested with the 9V and the 12V system include the rail-switches. Only the middle part must be higher than the original from the bottom, because it must go over the high parts on the switches. Arne (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a really big traincar!!!!!!!

(...) Wow! Does it really make it around turns? (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  a really big traincar!!!!!!!

Hy train fans, I have build the biggest german train car with 64 wheels. Look at: (URL) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC Pics

Hey Alan! Thanks for dropping in on the weekly GMLTC shindig-- it was good to meet you! It was great to see your steam train in person. It is definitely one of the nicest passenger trains I've ever seen. The green looks great with the white windows (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Controller speed

(...) You should be able to put dc into the speed regulator. As long as it doesn't have any transformers inside the AC-DC circuit should handle DC input with no problem. KL (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC Pics

(...) I've (...) Hello Alan! Not only speaking German and reading the German Lego®-Forum, now you are even building German engines! Next you will speak of US-trash too... ;-) I really like your MOC train! The green waggons give a good couple with (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display

Congrats to that nice picture gallery! Allthough it took me some half hours to pass through all pictures I really enjoyed it! One suggestion for future galleries: maybe you could start with a small "best of" gallery to give a general impression on (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Controller speed

James, I don't know if it would be that simple since the voltage coming in is 9-12AC and then converted over to 9V DC. And the solution I used didn't cost me any money, and I always like those kind of solutions. ;) jt (...) Shack), (...) the (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Controller speed

(...) Just go out and get a 6V wall wart, or a variable wall wart (from Radio Shack), then run it at a apropriate setting...if the voltage input is limited, then the output will be too... James P (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4-8-8-4 Followup (98% Done)

(...) Heheh, Flying Dutchman of Lego trains, I like that. Thanks for the idea,It will now be called the "The Dutchman" (...) Heheh, I spent the entire Memorial Day Weekend on this, No breaks but lots of Beer! (...) Testing proved very successful. It (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.trains)

  New MOC Pics

After visiting Steve this past weekend (hello, GMLTC guys!), I finally have some pictures of some of my MOC's, mainly a German-prototype steam train. I've banged together a web page at (URL) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr) !

  Re: Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display

That was the controller being used on the interactive kid track. Basically it was 6'x6' track that did a figure 8 and went up the mountain. The holes in the controller were put there by me so that I could regulate the max speed for the controller in (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display

(...) What are the holes in the controller? Are these new/old? (image 49) KL (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4-8-8-4 Followup (98% Done)

(...) I will admit the train does look a wee-bit odd without anyone running it = ) (the flying Dutchman of Lego Trains?) I spent alot of time coming (...) Hey when you get 98% of the design and construction done in 24-48 hours...you are way ahead of (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4-8-8-4 Followup (98% Done)

(...) I will admit the train does look a wee-bit odd without anyone running it = ) (the flying Dutchman of Lego Trains?) I spent alot of time coming (...) Hey when you get 98% of the design and construction done in24-48 hors...you are way ahead of (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cutting 12V track

Reporting my 'Cutting' experience: Thanks for the advice Wayne. I used a Dremel MultiPro variable speed rotary tool with a cut off wheel #540. Cutting through the metal worked great! The cutter sliced through it like a knife. I was careful to heed (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: To the guys from NGLTC

I think it was a clever trick. Kenny Rogers made that shed, so he'll have to give you the details. But I will say that no bricks were hurt (or cut) in the building of the layout (well none that I will admit to) jt Kevin Wilson wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display

OK... on the engine shed, how did you get the dormer roofs to blend in with the main roof when there are no concave corner low slopes? Didja cut lego bricks? Use Tyco? Hmmm? Or some reallllly clever trick? Kevin (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  To the guys from NGLTC

Hi Guys Nice setup, thanks for the great pics, got some good ideas for my setuip. Paul (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  BrickFest June 9 - 11, 2000 Washington DC, USA!!! Only two more weeks!!

posted to:lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.fun.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains fut: lugnet.org.us.wamalug What: (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  New wagon from Arne (Spielbude Germany)

Hello Just wanted ton share this picture with you guys, since i know you appreciate new stuff, it was built by Arne, owner of Spielbude here in Germany, some of you know him alreadfy. the wagon will go thru all Lego curves and points. hope you like (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display

I added names to the group picture on main page (URL) . More commentary to follow as time permits. jt P.S.. I thought the sunlight was pretty cool too, and I loved the blue skies. John Neal wrote in message <3933D8D6.1BD950BE@u...st.net>... (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC to Display at Kidvention in July

Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:392f74b4.255639...net.com... (...) Well, if this summer follows the old pattern of "June Gloom" (low clouds that burn off in the inland areas by noon but can hang around the beach 24hr, runs (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display

Hey James- Great pics! The natural sunlight looks great on the layout! Looking forward to seeing who is who;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display

(...) (URL)In lugnet.trains, James J. Trobaugh writes: (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display

Yeah I just found out that Netscape doesn't like the spaces. I've fixed it, sorry about that. jt Kyle Keppler wrote in message ... (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Nice alternative use for chairs

Here is a picture of the engine I was talking about: (URL) J. Trobaugh wrote in message <3931ABE5.59F4B58B@a...na.net>... (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display

(...) Same here! (link to pictures from main page) -Kyle (URL)In lugnet.trains, James J. Trobaugh writes: (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display

Your link has spaces in it and my system cannot find it. Jude (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display

We have just posted 229 pictures from this past Saturday's show at the Georgia Outlet Mall. I will add some narrative later. You can view the pictures at (URL) J. Trobaugh james.trobaugh@ngltc.org North Georgia LEGO Train Club www.ngltc.org (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Hiawatha engine

Nice start, Mike- Although the Hi Atlantic is streamlined and thus at first glance looks to be an easy model to make, I can testify that that isn't the case indeed. My Hi took about a half a year to complete, mostly trying to acquire the specialty (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Hiawatha engine

I have finalized my design for this engine but......dont have enough orange pieces. i used the large gears wrapped with chain links for the large wheels....tell me what u think.. THanks, Mike (URL) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam Train (4-8-8-4)

(...) is (...) a (...) and (...) follow-ups to: lugnet.trains Frank (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Plasticity layout - a challenge

(...) walk. Lar, I mass out at around 120 kg, or 250 Lb's...and I am currently navigating on 1/4" plywood on carpet (not so good...). The key is to step on the _roads_ not the studs :). I have many a time had little "lego" indents on my legs from (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Plasticity layout - a challenge

(...) Maybe you can, I can't. :-) I've had too much good food (including some fine German beer last week), and I think I mass enough that if I'm wearing shoes I deform the baseplates and if I'm just wearing socks I deform my feet to the point where (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Nice alternative use for chairs

While building my recent EMD SD-45's I was having trouble getting the look I wanted under the wagon plate between the wheel sets. I found that if I used the common inverted slopes or maybe the round bricks, I just couldn't get close enough to the (...) (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Plasticity layout - a challenge

(...) about (...) It would work fine...on the floor. This is where my layouts are for the most part, with the lego trains it works quite well to have them directly onto a solid floor. Yes, it does limit some choices of elevation, but it also adds a (...) (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Plasticity layout - a challenge

(...) This layout still exists!...The Madder Valley Railway exists in probably the best model railway museum in the world, at Pendon (Oxton). The MVR went through many versions in the time that it existed, the current one is different again. James (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Plasticity layout - a challenge

(...) the (...) about (...) Of course there are solutions which don't require access hatches. A kind of interesting one from the latest issue of The Narrow Guage and Shortline Gazette - one modeler building in a large scale has a mine building that (...) (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GE's AC4400cw redone, with some good pics

(...) You asked. As a picture, it is very pretty. As a model, it has some major flaws: - it uses pieces that don't exist (the nose piece, the doors perhaps) - it uses decorations on pieces that don't exist (the BNSF lettering) - it uses pieces in (...) (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Plasticity layout - a challenge

(...) it? (...) Keep aisle space in mind, please. Don't expect to reach in much more than about 24-30 inches from a table edge. you may find that you need some "access hatches" or more of a walkaround layout with peninsulas, than a huge expanse that (...) (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Plasticity layout - a challenge

(...) with (...) Room and pieces always seem to be the limiting factors. We're thinking of finishing our basement this summer and the layout will pretty much take up the entire space except for a narrow walkway around the tables and some space for (...) (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  NGLTC @ LEGO Outlet Mall huge success!!

Well we all survived the show at the North Georgia Premium Outlet Mall. We have lots of pictures, but I think we're all to sun burned to even worry about them now. It was a great success and a lot of fun. Also I think the LEGO Outlet store did (...) (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: New Plasticity layout - a challenge

(...) --Bram (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Znap Bridge questions

I have used 4 yellow/black rotating bit at the 4 corners to attach the sides to the bottom, and it can fold flat, also 4 purple bits in the middle to join the sides to the base. I also used 4 large triangular black pieces on the side at right angle (...) (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: GMLTC to Display at Kidvention in July

(...) Ok. I'm coming with him, so I'm there when he is. Need to make arrangements for a backdrop (or build one) and get some materials. What's the temp around that time there? In the shade of a tent? Need to know cause I'm gonna run a computer out (...) (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  GE's AC4400cw redone, with some good pics

I completely redid the ac4400cw and added some details (URL) me how you like it. TBurger (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC to Display at Kidvention in July

(...) I will be in Carlsbad arriving on Mon. July 10 and leaving Thurs. July 13. I will be at LEGOLAND both Tues. and Wed. Russell Clark, BayLUG/BayLTC (URL) 39423705 (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC to Display at Kidvention in July

(...) My mistake. We set up at the crack of dawn on the 12th and break down at the crack of dawn on the 16th. (...) Woo-hoo. My son and I are looking forward to creating in MLCAD:-) (...) What, that he gets to travel around Europe for 3 months or (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC to Display at Kidvention in July

(...) Oops! I thought the cat was poking its head out already...(from some obscure train discussions) so I figured it was safe. Also, Heidi at LD was pretty sure about it in our correspondence, which added to my confidence. :\ I waited for my ducks (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Cutting 12V track

I personally have never done it with a 12v conductor, however I did cut and paste (if you will) 9v track, If lego is important to you as it is to me go out and get yourself a nice little dremel tool, with metal cutting wheel. When you begin to cut (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  GMLTC to Display at Kidvention in July

We weren't going to publicize until we had all of our ducks in a row, but since Tim let the proverbial cat out of the bag and we are pretty well set in our plans, I am proud to announce that the GMLTC has been invited to display their train layout (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !!

  Cutting 12V track

Can someone please give me advice as to the best way to cut 12V track - conductor rails and all. I'm in the process of designing a layout that requires an 8 stud long straight section of track. I've never purposefully marred a brick before so I am a (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Plasticity layout - a challenge

(...) 3 controllers, plus one for switching yard (optional), with aditional connection to the outside left track after the point (if that makes sense) James (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Plasticity layout - a challenge

(...) to the problem [1]. "Before" and "after" images are posted at the link above. Now my new question for all of you multi control experts: Where do the speed controllers need to be attached to control multiple loops as well as the switching yard? (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New Plasticity layout - a challenge

I'm looking for help in designing my new layout which I've been tinkering with for the last week or so. A rather large jpg can be seen here: (URL) you can see there's a little bit of fudging to get everything to lign up, but what I really need your (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide trains on my gallery

Oh, I thought those were the 2x4 black curved bricks, but 45° slopes are much easier to come by so that is good. Thanks, Chris (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hello Syr. (Wayne's Lego Train webpage)

(...) I figured Train fans may want to see these designs...I am far from being a train builder/collector/expert, but I thought these designs were great reproductions of the real ones that chug by me in Syracuse... Wayne posted his page in local (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for Set # 3225

(...) lol Well, no, but they could be a lot *better* 8 wide;-) But that engine from the 3225 is lame. Even my 10 year old son builds engines light years ahead of that thing. (...) Or 14 wide; whichever. -John (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for Set # 3225

(...) Of course you probably think any TLC model is weak since they aren't 8 wide :-) (...) In 8 wide? :-) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Znap Bridge questions

I've been looking at the bridge at Matt's Train Depot (URL) built the side pieces but cannot figure out how he attached both sides to each other and the track? Any insights would be valuable. Thanks Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: New stuff at the Train Depot

(...) I sent a few emails a few months ago regarding some of his picture. I never received a response on any. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  8 wide engine nose

How about using the new slopes 4x2 (from Star Wars sets) set in a stud foward orintaion. This creates an 8 stud wide dual slope. The same way the back of the Road N' Rail Repair, (URL) but wider! ;) SteveB (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gianluca Morelli's models

(...) minifig? Next week I will post some building instructions.There will also be the Citroen DS.But I'm afraid there is no way to put a minifig in it. Even without legs! :-(( Bye Gianluca PS: thanks to all for the compliments! (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: 6-wide trains on my gallery

(...) Ehm.....there's no curved piece in it..! They all are 45° slopes. I will soon post a scan of the building instructions for two kinds of diaphragm. Bye Gianluca (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for Set # 3225

(...) Oh, don't get me wrong-- I think it's a *great* deal for parts....I *did* buy 44 of them. All I meant was that he shouldn't buy the set for the engine and the cars, because they are really weak *models*. I meant to suggest that if he really (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Newbie Question about train parts

Dave (and anyone else), We're scheduled to be displaying from 10am - 9pm. Of course a lot of that depends on the weather since were going to be outside with no cover. I'm thinking we'll start taking things down around 8pm, since I will be arriving (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Newbie Question about train parts

James, How late will you be up there? I have to work until 5 or 7, and just wondering if you think you will still be there afterwards? Thnaks, Dave (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide trains on my gallery

I really like that diaphram. The curved black pieces are pure genius. Thanks for the idea! Chris (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Newbie Question about train parts

(...) Of course last year I reached a point of deciding that red train windows were easy to get (I've got a ton of McDonalds), but the buses certainly will help that a lot more since you get 7 in each set, with glass. (...) Although they wouldn't (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Newbie Question about train parts

David, I saw in your earlier post that you live in Georgia. Just wanted to let you know that if you want to talk to some LEGO "train heads" in person come on up to the LEGO Outlet store this Saturday (May 27th). The NGLTC will be putting on a (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Newbie Question about train parts

(...) It depends. The Futball vans will make windows fairly easy to get, and you can get black train doors in the (MT helo, Black Thunder). So, right now the situation looks quite good. The only problems are: Any other color of door Train Style (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gianluca Morelli's models

(...) van. Do anybody know when the van was produced, BTW? It kinda looks like a sixties vehicle. Fredrik (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Newbie Question about train parts

(...) It's interesting that most folks seem to consider only the divided glass panes as 'true' train windows. If you are building modern trains then the divided glass might be an irrelevance as they have sealed windows. I could also add that they (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  6-wide trains on my gallery

Hi all,I have put some train pics ,on brickshelf gallery I usually build 8-wide trains,but sometimes I made an exception... www.brickshelf.com/g...lery/gm/6w The first two pics show an italian electric engine,FS class E656 "Caimano". It has got six (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  New 8-wide trains on my gallery

Hi all,I have put some new train pics (they aren't fuzzy,this time),on brickshelf gallery www.brickshelf.com/g...lery/gm/8w The new ones have the name that begins with "Mvc...". Other ones were yet there. Here is a description: 300&301: a yellow (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: New stuff at the Train Depot

(...) Has anybody heared of Matt Bates during the last month? Is he still aktive in his Lego hobby? A friend of mine has created pictures of some missing trains in exactely that style Matt used. He offered them, but got no response. Matt's site (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gianluca Morelli's models

(...) Amazing models! My favorite is the grey Citroen van. They used corrugated iron for that funny vehicle.... Regards, Ben P.s.: Needless to ask why Lego® can't bring out such models. (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Looking for Set # 3225

(...) I am not sure I agree that 3225 is a waste of money. If we assume that Dean doesn't have any 9V at all, or very little, but that he will get the track and controller another way (perhaps in 4561 or in 4565, or used on the resale market) 3225 (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  R: Set Number

Hi from Italy It's 6369! Ezio ---...--- Ezio Maino (URL) Lego Users Group (URL) <mr_spin_2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message Fv3AKu.EKA@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Set Number

(...) Looks like 6360? or 63** something. a lookup in www.lugnet.com/pause/ could help (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: model of ac 4400 cw for Santa fe red and silver BNSF...

(...) Well me being a LDRAW part author, thats a custom part, no such thing in real life. (gasps and silence) my other front nose design.. well Im working on that. as well as the truck design, i an going to do a wheel set like this: ___ ___ ___ | | (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Newbie Question about train parts

Up until the recent advent of the Soccer buses, train windows were extremely hard to come by. And even *with* the buses, you will not get "true" divided train window panes. So the easiest colors suddenly now become red, yellow, blue, and black, and (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Newbie Question about train parts

I know that I have heard all kinds of horror stories about trains and finding parts, etc....but how hard is it to find the train doors and windows? (Run-on sentence, what?) I''m not necessarily looking for a particular color or anything, but (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone have pictures of current US passenger trains?

(...) Well, the Acela prototype, which will soon be running can be seen at www.acela.com Alan (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: model of ac 4400 cw for Santa fe red and silver BNSF...

(...) That is a good model! I am wondering what is used for the hood. Alan (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Set Number

Hi I seen this on BrickShelf & wanted to know what the set number to the "garage set" is? http//www.brickshelf...cgi?i=5660 -Jeremy (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for Set # 3225

Dave- Take it from me who purchased 44 of the 3225s to part out-- don't waste your hard earned money. The set doesn't have many (if any) remarkable pieces and just about anyone could create a better MOC. You could even build one from common bricks (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: Looking for Set # 3225

(...) Try Busy Bee, they have them, but you have to pay to get it shipped to the US (quite steep for a single item, far more reasonable for multi copies). This set is now "sold out" in the US and Canada, so either Busy Bee or a reseller are your (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Looking for Set # 3225

Hello LugNuts, I guess I'm really biting off more than I can chew here, as I am looking for 3225. I have a primarily adventurers/WW themed collection, and want to get into the trains, as I've always had a fascination with them. I think this would be (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gianluca Morelli's models

Simply stunning. Beautiful models. Bravo!!! later, James Mathis (...) minifig? (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Gianluca Morelli's models

(URL) are excellent! I especially like this car: (URL) chance of building instructions so I can try to modify it to fit a minifig? The detail on the train cars is nice as well. They look very realistic with all that corrugation. Keep up the good (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

Exactly, so get some more pictures posted! <g> -Nick John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message <cut> (...) my (...) with (...) though:-/ (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: model of ac 4400 cw for Santa fe red and silver BNSF...

(...) You mean AmTrash? ;-) (...) Just a nit-- one is able to separate the axles by a half stud each. For my Hiawatha loco's tender I was able to do this and still not have problems with curves. I'm afraid that the pics I posted don't show it very (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact