 Trains / Train Organizations / 526
Re: GMLTC to Display at Kidvention in July
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 07:21:48 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote:
I was told 12-15 IIRC from Mike.

My mistake.  We set up at the crack of dawn on the 12th and break down at
the crack of dawn on the 16th.

Ok.  I'm coming with him, so I'm there when he is.  Need to make
arrangements for a backdrop (or build one) and get some materials.
What's the temp around that time there?  In the shade of a tent?  Need
to know cause I'm gonna run a computer out there.

So am I.  I have to finish the CD by then (mid June latest to get them
ready) and get some posters designed and models arranged, as well as
people to work with this.

Woo-hoo.  My son and I are looking forward to creating in MLCAD:-)

Its gonna be a crunch, but I think we can do it.  We also need to
raise funds to press them (another thing I need to post about..).  If
we can't sell them/they aren't pressed yet, I'll have master copies
and we can do demos of them, and advertise where to buy them - maybe
even float you train guys an advance on it in CD-R format.

That's too bad.

What, that he gets to travel around Europe for 3 months or more with his
wife and find rare LEGO sets at rock-bottom prices?  ...Oh, you mean about
missing the Kidvention...;-)

Hehe...

I got to see Mike's european set with the individually sold windows,
VERY rare set I think he picked up, maybe it was someone else, when I
was there in April.

I'm sure there will be a lot of them, from what I know a lot of
BAYLUGers are making it, I know Tom McD is trying to (to see you and
the trains, John - not me :( well...me too, but he made that a point).
I believe Paul Gyugyi was thinking about it too...

Excellent.  Some "Old Schoolers" there:-)  I heard that Tom Stangl might
come as well, although if he does I'm going to have to count my gray train
windows after each day >;^D

Yep.  People I'll actually know vs. Carlsbad last year - which was a
great time, but I only knew 3 or 4 people out of 30 previously there.
I've met Tom, Tom, & Paul in person before, Russell too.

Question is....are Todd & Suz coming?  I never got a definite answer
from them when talking in Boston a month or so ago....

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne