 Trains / 6043
Re: New Plasticity layout - a challenge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 09:39:02 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:

It would work fine...on the floor.  This is where my layouts are for the most
part, with the lego trains it works quite well to have them directly onto a
solid floor.  Yes, it does limit some choices of elevation, but it also adds a
lot to the choices that are availabe for access...you can walk across the town
to get to the derailment :).

Maybe you can, I can't. :-)

I've had too much good food (including some fine German beer last week), and I
think I mass enough that if I'm wearing shoes I deform the baseplates and if
I'm just wearing socks I deform my feet to the point where it hurts me to walk.

Besides, I like eye level layouts, even 3 feet is a little low, unless you are
catering to kid eye level (which you should do for a public layout, but perhaps
not for a home layout)

This is a great topic. But in the end, everyone should, of course, do as they
wish after taking into account what we all say.

++Lar