 Trains / 6044
Re: New Plasticity layout - a challenge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 18:56:46 GMT

Maybe you can, I can't. :-)

I've had too much good food (including some fine German beer last week), and I
think I mass enough that if I'm wearing shoes I deform the baseplates and if
I'm just wearing socks I deform my feet to the point where it hurts me to
walk.

Lar,

I mass out at around 120 kg, or 250 Lb's...and I am currently navigating on
1/4" plywood on carpet (not so good...).  The key is to step on the _roads_ not
the studs :).  I have many a time had little "lego" indents on my legs from
playing whist stitting on it.

I would agree that 3 ft is too low for eye level (well, duh!...I'm 6' tall),
but the amount of track required to get to 40" is in the order of 250 pieces,
so it would take about another 100 pieces to get to 66" and in my case it would
have involved yet another crossing of the door...if not two crossings.

So, as long as something solid is under the baseplates, it works fine...carpet
is not the best lego building medium.  A cement basement works great, see the
photos of my city in Victoria.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/2049/legocity.html

James