 Trains / 6026
6025  |  6027
Subject:
New Plasticity layout - a challenge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 00:21:49 GMT

I'm looking for help in designing my new layout which I've been tinkering with
for the last week or so.  A rather large jpg can be seen here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=astabno

As you can see there's a little bit of fudging to get everything to lign up,
but what I really need your help with is the main monorail loop (the one that
stops at the two right-most Airport Terminals and passes over the left Airport
Terminal).  The problem is that if I run the monorails clockwise, it is
possible to enter this loop, but not to exit without switching direction.

The challenge (if you wish to accept it) is to find a way to provide an exit
point to this loop using the specialty pieces that can be seen in the top-
right area of the image without adding too many straight monorail pieces; or
to do some minor rearranging of the rest of the layout to provide the exit
point.

My restrictions are to be at 20 brick-height level when crossing train track,
to avoid crossing roads on the ground as much as possible, to use most if not
all of the up/down pieces and points, and of course to not cause any monorail
collissions.

Any ideas?

If you'd like to check out the original file I would be glad to send the Track
Designer .tdl file.

Design well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.megsinet.net/~stabno/SimiLego.htm