 Trains / 6031
Re: Cutting 12V track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 19:50:44 GMT

I personally have never done it with a 12v conductor, however I did cut and
paste (if you will) 9v track,  If lego is important to you as it is to me go out
and get yourself a nice little dremel tool, with metal cutting wheel. When you
begin to cut through the conductor you must be carful not to heat up the metal
to fast of the plastic will MELT!. I would avoid a Hacksaw, the teeth are to
course for what you want to do.

Hope this helps
Wayne

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Callahan writes:
Can someone please give me advice as to the best way to cut 12V track -
conductor rails and all.  I'm in the process of designing a layout that
requires an 8 stud long straight section of track.

I've never purposefully marred a brick before so I am a bit reluctant.  I want
to get it right the first time, especially since LEGO stopped making these
pieces some ten years ago.

-Chris