 Trains / 6066
Re: Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 18:05:38 GMT

That was the controller being used on the interactive kid track. Basically
it was 6'x6' track that did a figure 8 and went up the mountain. The holes
in the controller were put there by me so that I could regulate the max
speed for the controller in both directions. By inserting the blue Technic
pegs in the appropriate holes I could limit the kids from driving the train
off the track. I added a hole at each speed in the controller, since I
didn't know what the max speed would be till the layout was up and running.

This worked real well, fortunately no kids figured out to remove the pegs.
The did make the control a bit stiff to turn though, so I'm going to do some
more work to it so that little hands can turn it easier.

jt

Kevin Loch wrote in message ...
In lugnet.trains, James J. Trobaugh writes:
We have just posted 229 pictures from this past Saturday's show at the
Georgia Outlet Mall. I will add some narrative later. You can view the
pictures at http://www.ngltc.org/

jt

--

James J. Trobaugh james.trobaugh@ngltc.org
North Georgia LEGO Train Club www.ngltc.org

What are the holes in the controller?  Are these new/old?

(image 49)

KL