 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 6188
Re: Looking for Set # 3225
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 06:11:13 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Dave-

Take it from me who purchased 44 of the 3225s to part out-- don't waste your
hard earned money.

I am not sure I agree that 3225 is a waste of money. If we assume that Dean
doesn't have any 9V at all, or very little, but that he will get the track and
controller another way (perhaps in 4561 or in 4565, or used on the resale
market) 3225 has good parts. Not the best, but at retail you will  be paying
almost as much for the wheels buffers and couplers, and the motor, as what the
retail set price is. So you get the red windows and the roof bricks for free,
just about

Note, the cheapest way to get track and a power pack is to buy the power pack
used, buy the curved track used, and pay S@H for whatever straight you want.
DON'T pay the S@H prices for a power pack, they are a glut on the market

++Lar