 Trains / 5999
Re: Newbie Question about train parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 02:55:31 GMT

Up until the recent advent of the Soccer buses, train windows were extremely
hard to come by.  And even *with* the buses, you will not get "true" divided
train window panes.  So the easiest colors suddenly now become red, yellow,
blue, and black, and white.  Gray will be the hardest, and most all train
doors will cost you about a gallon of blood each.  Hopefully LD will solve
that shortage...

-John

"David M. Jones" wrote:

I know that I have heard all kinds of horror stories about trains and
finding parts, etc....but how hard is it to find the train doors and
windows? (Run-on sentence, what?) I''m not necessarily looking for a
particular color or anything, but ingeneral, are they THAT hard to find?
I'm starting my train collection now, and want to build (mainly) passneger
cars, thus I would need doors & windows.  Also, what colors are
hardest/easiest to find?

Thanks,
Dave