 Trains / *14769 (-100)
  Re: Unknown Train Piece

I can tell you what it is. It is the flasher unit for the 7866 level crossing. It plugs into the crossing control panel. TOM (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains.com and LEGO Trains!

Jake, Thanks for all your hard work. You can imagine my surprise as I read Larry's article about custom kits and then low and behold he had a link to my site. Thanks much for the link and the articles. They are well written and informative to all. (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Unknown Train Piece

I received a shipment of 12v track today. In the box was a gray piece that I don't know what it is. It is 4x4 studs, 1 brick and 2 plates tall. There are 2 prongs that protrude from one side. One the other is a two-prong receptacle. It doesn't go (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  SD45 closer to finish!

I'm closer to finishing my SD45. I got the powered wheels for my b-day (early, thanks lego;-)). It missing roughly 20 peices now :-D (URL) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Large train-station pics ?

Does anyone know of a web-site where I can find pictures of large cavernous train stations / platforms ? So far, I have only been able to locate this one picture .. (URL) (appol about the link, I can't get the web interface to not line-break it) (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Old engine

(...) power unit in the tender to pick up power and transmits it to the 12v motor with a hybrid wire. The arms wiggle up and down as it cruises down the track, and it's hilarious to watch at high speed. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com www.pnltc.org (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Old engine

Looking through Tony Hafner's 2001MV ? show pics i came across this, anyone have any more info? (URL) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car

(...) Hm, yes. From the pic, it looks like they're 50 studs long by 8 studs wide. I've got a passenger train with cars ranging from 42 to 50 studs long and I've had surprisingly good luck running it. At LLCA a couple of months back, it was able to (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Another LEGO article has appeared at trains.com

(URL) bst (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Running multiple trains (was "GMLTC layout 'show' pictures")

(...) Come on, Steve - I'm a computer programmer! What is the standard answer to every problem? "Write a program"!! <grin> I spent the last hour in a staff meeting trying to figure out how I can do this with RCXs... ;-) Don't know if I can make it (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) You're right, I didn't understand the specifics, and this is why I'm not an electrical engineer. So, to summarize, the wall wart that plugs into the wall reduces 120v of AC electricity from the wall to 12v AC. Then, the train controller (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC layout 'show' pictures

If the main lines are large enough you can manully do this. We often have a long "passing rail" (attached at both ends) off our mainlines. We setup two simularly weighted trains, so the go about the same speed, one on the mainline one on the passing (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car

(...) Thanks, I'm currently working on making them look less boxie and more rounded like the real cars. I'm also trying to talk the others in the group into modifying the corners on our layout so this train can actually run around the track. :-) (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Question

(...) Yes!!! Many thanks. -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Question

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:GLM9GK.IE8@lugnet.com... (...) that (...) THE (...) You mean this one? (URL) Thatcher Perkins Locomotive Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring dot com (URL) - North Carolina (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  3 New buildings for GATS in January

Well I have complete 2 new buildings for the GATS MichLUG display in January. And got a good start on another. The first was White with Blue trim: (URL) second, which I will be changing the design soon is a Townhouse style building. I wanted to make (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.build) !

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) I think you've missed the point slightly. We are talking about 9 volt controllers and power supplies to the unit. The STANDARD power supply for the 9 volt controllers is 12 VOLTS AC! It turns it into DC 9 VOLTS inside the unit. When your using (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Question

Hey Y'all: I tried locating it in the database but I cannot find the classic train that has the big red spoked wheels and the cow catcher in the front. This is THE ONE that everyone loves. Set number, please? -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains.com and LEGO Trains!

Great job on making this happen Jake, now I have some new ammo to use at my next NMRA meeting :) jt (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

I've also used this solution for some switching setups, and found it quite useful. I can answer some questions, but the cost is that I'll ask a new one. No explosions, the motors work fine at 12v. I've even taken one up to 14v with no ill effects, (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed train by Bob Hayes

(...) That's very neat. I remember doing this as a kid with 2x4x3 windscreens, when I couldn't afford any of the new space sets to get a 4x6x3 canopy! Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains.com and LEGO Trains!

(...) I am working feverishly on that update as we speak. I am hoping to have that information live very soon. Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 and Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains.com and LEGO Trains!

(...) I am working feveroiushly on that update as we speak. I am hoping to have that information live very soon. Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 and Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains.com and LEGO Trains!

(...) Jake,in your article you mention to go to the Lego trains site to find out where/when a train show will be near you.....my question is where is that info on the site?(such as the MichLTC info that i gave you) Chris Leach MichLTC (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  "My Own Garrett"

Hi all, Just a quick little one - having recently received a "My Own Train" from S@H Australia (thanks LD), I didn't waste any time doing a few mods. And here's the first revision - an articulated loco in the style of a Garrett. Can't call it a MOC, (...) (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains.com and LEGO Trains!

Jake McKee wrote in message ... (...) Wow Jake, great news! Nice articles too! Congrats Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths: (URL) Lego Web page: (URL) (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Trains.com and LEGO Trains!

Hey all you train heads, I come to you today as a fan...my wife says a crazed fan...of LEGO Trains. I have some good news that just couldn't wait until Monday! If you check the home page of (URL) you will notice something terrific...LEGO Trains a (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car

(...) That looks cool. If you lifted the slopes up by a plate, then you could make the slope to plate (roof) conversion occur on the same level. Doing this might introduce some structural problems that you would have worked around, but it would make (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car

(...) Wow, that is a nice color scheme. I really like the color on the engine. I wonder if the cars would look better if the blue between the doors went down as low as the doors. (instead of bumping up and down around the doors. Chris (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Photos of my MOCs

My page is cleared, no any popup ad to trouble you again! Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: 10002 Club Cars (was S@H - Clear 1x4x3 Window (Train Window) Availability?)

(...) I think the backorder queue may be emptying out. I ordered last week and my full order arrived yesterday (though I didn't get to pick it up until today because I had to stay late at work yesterday :-(. Frank (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GLEJ1w.Bn9@lugnet.com... (...) design. The cars are built by Bombardier, of Montreal, here in Canada. Iain (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car

(...) Actually, they do share a manufacturer, but the GO cars came first (Hawker Siddley (?)/UTDC was the first maker, I think Bombardier now make them). Other places where they are used include "West Coast Rail" out of Vancouver-no, I don't have (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Photos of my MOCs

Thanks for all of you. You won't see popup ad again after 24h. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: 3 Wide Action!

(...) Fantastic! That's amazing! How about some Ldraw pics so we can build some for the shows? Dean (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  3 Wide Action!

Here are some pics of a 3 wide 4-4-2 Atlantic pulling some Hiawatha cars, and a 3 wide Shay, both built by my son, Ross (11). He built them last winter, but only now am I catching up on posting stuff:-/ (URL) really fun thing about the Shay is that (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Train track preservation

can anybody suggest a way to keep my track in top condition i leave near the ocean and it seems to get brown very easily? (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC layout 'show' pictures

(...) Yes, you'd be recapitulating classic large MR layout control schemes. CTC works.... Consider DCC if you can afford it and skip having blocks. Of course, DCC isn't as pure of a solution, currently. (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) David, What a nice solution! Just as a precaution, would my motors blow up if the setting was accidentally switched to 12 volt? And as a follow-up question, could the 12 volt setting in theory be used to power the old 12 volt lighting bricks? (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC layout 'show' pictures

(...) Nothing that complicated - we used our regular tables (40"x60"), Conan threw together some simple plywood boxes to get up to track height on each end of the layout. (16+ bricks on the low end, 24+ bricks on the high end.) We put a simple loop (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) Ugg. Now why didn't I THINK of that? Good idea! A Very good idea! Dean (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Roxanne Jeanson" <brickparts@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GLGtLv.M1F@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) called S@H - mine was shipped on Tuesday. Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring dot com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

The simplest answer is not to modify the controller but to replace the power unit/transformer - i.e. the thing that comes in the yellow box that you plug into the wall and then into the controller. By one from any electrical store - get one with (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10002 Club Cars (was S@H - Clear 1x4x3 Window (Train Window) Availability?)

(...) I got mine today! Roxanne BrickParts (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Pop-Up Stopper (was: Re: Photos of my MOCs)

(...) Try this if they bother you: "Pop-Up Stopper" (URL) have not tried it, but I am told it works. It is free. Scott A (fut : lugnet.off-topic.geek) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Photos of my MOCs

(...) He would presumably have to find space elsewhere that didn't charge users quite so much for being free, as I don't think any of those ads are his doing... I could be wrong of course. (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Photos of my MOCs

Woha, pop up windows! I got 4! Anyways, i like the artic car, it uses those parts well. Josh (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Photos of my MOCs

(...) Your site looks neat but with all the pop up junk windows constantly popping up it's just too annoying to stay. Any chance of trimming them back? Dean (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: GMLTC layout 'show' pictures

(...) Could you elaborate what you mean by "plywood boxes" in this context? When first I saw the pics I had assumed you were looping the track around behind the curtain on banquet tables or something. Are you saying you had hidden dogbone ends, or (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Photos of my MOCs

Thank you very much, Bob! I made mistake. I also uploaded some pictures for my available parts to trade with fans, more parts pictures will be uploaded soon. I need train doors and windows, wire ends, 33x3x3 sloped bricks and gear rack 1x8 Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: High Speed train by Bob Hayes

(...) Working lights! Awesome. I love it when one can incorporate the lights into trains :-) "Compound curves": Oh, yeah, but it's worth it when you feel like you've got it right. Simply inspired is your take from the Soccer sets with the 2x6x2 (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC layout 'show' pictures

[snipped John1 - he won't mind...] (...) (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Photos of my MOCs

Your URL needs a change. (URL) Fay "Zhengrong Zang" <mikezang@iname.com> wrote in message news:GLGC5M.M8K@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Photos of my MOCs

I uploaded photos of my MOCs just moment, this is first time to upload pictures. Please take a look. RCX Controlled LEGO Train Projects (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: GMLTC layout 'show' pictures

(...) Amazing layout! The school bus really caught my eye. Any chance of getting a close up shot of that. From the city shot it looks great, I'd love to see it close up. (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  GFLTC/GFLUG at the SMRC Train Show!

LEGO Fans, The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club and Users Group will be displaying at the SMRC (Sarasota Model Railroad Club) Train Show in Manatee County, Florida. Come on out and see our 40 x 20 ft layout with the following: - Dennis’ train Loading (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug) !

  Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car

(...) I poked around the directory a little more and was also very impressed with the monorail built on 4.5 blue tracks- I've been toying with this concept for a while, though I haven't actually attempted anything. Whoever executed it did a very (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car

Yep, oops, no wonder I sited it here, my minds playing tricks on me again. SteveB ...that there is a bilevel car in there. (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car

(...) It's a shame that I didn't have more time when we were down in Carlsbad. There is a yard immediately next to I-5 between our campsite and Legoland where various Coaster cars and locs were always parked. I really wanted to pull over and get (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car

I collected some images of bilevel trains at: (URL) GO looks like the same as manufacturer as the San Diego Coaster, Seattle Sounder and the Miami Tri-Rail (as Larry said). The Coaster and Sounder have a great paint job. Unfortunately there are no (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car

(...) Yes, indeed. The reason I put them up on the sides was that they looked to goofy 6 studs away from each other. If I had a longer wagon (which I plan to make in the future) I will incorperate that into the design. (...) If I ever get a chance (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car

(...) Agreed, looking good. One minor error that I can point out is the doors on the GO Train cars are on the lower level just inside the trucks, and not on the ends above the trucks. I've been working on a "GO" like train for a while. I call it a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed train by Bob Hayes

Steve, Glad that you like it. It started with those soccer field white "windshields". I stacked a couple up and thought, "wow - this could make a cool train front." The nose needs some work - compound curves with LEGO bricks take a lot of work. This (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC layout 'show' pictures

(...) Hopefully when we get around to updating www.gmltc.org we'll be able to show people the full-sized images, too. 2048x1536 will show more detail than 640x480 can... JohnG, GMLTC (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC layout 'show' pictures

(...) I was looking at this over & over yesterday. Great job! I am very interested in seeing more pic's. I would like to see that steam roller close up as well as the grey & sand red building. very impressive! Jonathan (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed train by Bob Hayes

(...) (URL) to go Bob, indeed! (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car

(...) Two comments: 1. Looking good. A little short but if you want to use the depressed center plate that's what you get... and it's selective compression to keep it that short. 2. Although this beveled end design originated with GO, it has (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Building idea for Switch Point

I want to build different building for all my switch point, does anyone give me some cool but simple building ideas? Thanks a lot! Zhengrong (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Oval Window for ICE Train Door

Hi All, I put together an oval window design. James was kind enough to render it for me (thanks James). The "Opposing Stud" gif is a pic of 3 different geometries that are exactly a multiple of some number of plates tall. For example a technic rivit (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  High Speed train by Bob Hayes

I just noticed this on Brickshelf, looks like Bob has gat a great concept here for train nose! And a sustainable! A few soccer buses and a soccer field set and you got the makings for several of these engines! Way to go Bob (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stripe matching on the 10001 Metroliner.

Thanks for the information Steve. I will try making my own decals. I really don't like the way the Metroliner looks now. -- Bob Fay "steve barile" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:GLDCyu.3nH@lugnet.com... (...) transparent. (...) (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner Franchised!

Put us in the "me too" group, if extra eggs are scored we have the other pieces to make, and would love to add a, Spamcake Diner to the Midsouth LTC layout. Matthew Greene (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD

(...) I had to use a little more force than I thought prudent, but it finally went in. (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

Don't get me wrong, I think legends is one of the most phenominal things ever (that and the Sopwith Camel). I've been a FOL since I was 2, but just had to supress it for a number of years due to lack of funding. My prior experience with LD/S@H/TLC (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car

Hello All, After taking a trip to Canada I decided I wanted to build a GO-Transit train. Well here is the first installment. I hope all of our Canadian friends enjoy it. (URL) still needs tweaking and some interior detail. Any comments would be (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today (Florida, USA)

(...) I had the same problem, though it seems like nothing was skipped in my instructions, just a reprint of the prior step. I just moved on to the next step and didn't see any changes, and when I was finished I didn't have any parts left over (well (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: THERE HERE!!! 10001 10002

(...) Hi...Wayne and Gang: You guys now should have enough trains to run a pretty good train event... :) Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Expert question for 60ies trains

(...) 114, (...) That's my problem: among nearly 50 hook couplings which I own, there are a dozen of the 2x2 kind. So they exist but they are much more rare (I searched for 2x2 couplings just because of their rarity, when I had more then enough 2x4 (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC layout 'show' pictures

(...) Wow!That display is great!I am humbled by your clubs creations! Chris Leach-MichLTC (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stripe matching on the 10001 Metroliner.

Here's a couple ideas... You can stick the stripes on a white sticker (mailing label...) or decal. The discoloration issue is caused by the base sticker material is transparent. OR Buy a blank white decal sheet from a hobby shop or on the web at (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC layout 'show' pictures

(...) Looks great. A couple of the buildings are just incredible. The brickmania building with the almost curved roof! The grey and sand red building next to it, the beautiful and expansive train station. Wow! I wish I could see all this in person. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner Doggies:-)

(...) Hey, how much to buy one? I'd like a Spamcake Diner too! Josh (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Spamcake Diner Doggies:-)

Who let the dogs out? Well, that would be me;-) I have a line on a good number of the 2751 eggs which come with the SD signature pup and will make them available to any LTC that contacts me *free of charge* (I only ask that you pay your shipping). (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Expert question for 60ies trains

(...) Ben, As best as I can say, in the UK all the sets you list came with 2x4 couplings. I say this from direct personal experience, except the 114 which was never available in the UK. Neither was 080 oficially, but I can confirm that one because I (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10002 Club Cars (was S@H - Clear 1x4x3 Window (Train Window) Availability?)

(...) ROSCO ordered some stuff that came to me for transshipment. INcluded were one deluxe kit plus an extra club car. Both club cars (the one part of the kit and the one not) arrived in the same box along with the 10001 itself That's not "exactly" (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10002 Club Cars

(...) Not yet for me. I placed a large order of various sets quite some time ago, and now the only outstanding item is the Club Car. Or should I say, Club Cars? :) I'm actually starting to feel a little nostalgic - it was the Metroliner and Club Car (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10002 Club Cars (was S@H - Clear 1x4x3 Window (Train Window) Availability?)

"Scott E. Sanburn" <ssanburn@indalex.com> wrote in message news:GLCzDB.Gu9@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Has anyone who only ordered a Club Car (not the combo kit) received theirs yet? I placed my order via the phone the first day (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ISCC: Let your ideas take flight... /First entry

(...) I bet it did. Lots of staging to get all those progress shots. LOVE the prototype photo for comparision. It highlights that you really NAILED the look, even under selective compression. All the details and shapes are in place to get a viewer (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

(...) Also in California, I have to add here that this is one of the coolest things LEGO has done yet, reissuing a regognized "great set" like this Train kit. My 4 (five in March) year old already loves LEGO and LEGO Trains and we offered him *any* (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Expert question for 60ies trains

G'day, I wish I could back up your theory, but the 111, 115, and 152 I have all seem to use the 2x4 plates for both hook and socket. Strangely enough, the images on the boxes for 152 and 115 both show what appears to be a 2x2... On a side note: does (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner Franchised!

John: (...) I really like the idea, but I am afraid the local planning authorities would complain loudly. The architectural advisor of the city council discourages buildings that don't go well with the existing buildings in the downtown area. Do the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: ISCC: Let your ideas take flight... /First entry

(...) Ben, Wow, that's a remarkable building, and seeing the construction/rehabilation in progress makes it even more interesting. You've set a high mark for a winning entry. George (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Train track preservtion

Hi i live near the sea and am always cleaning my track but lately have notice it is going quite tarnished.Is there anything that can be reccomended to help clean and preserve my layout? any help would be appriciated. (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ISCC: Let your ideas take flight... /First entry

(...) [snip] (...) Thanks René, for putting my first entry online that fast! My rural grain silo can now be found here: (URL) I'm one of the judges from the jury I had 10 times more to prepare my model (and it took lots of time...) Leg Godt! Ben (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner Franchised!

(...) I wasn't aware whether they *ever* had any, but then again I don't get out there too often. I will call out there first, and if necessary, LLC as well. -John (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

(...) I agree. My shipment of 3 Metro's and 4 club cars arrived Monday. (Vancouver, BC Canada) It was part of my club's order. Dean (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Spamcake Diner Franchised!

(...) you were there anyway. I want one of these eggs if someone manages to score a bunch... (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Spamcake Diner Franchised!

(...) Risking bad form replying to my own post, I have found the set number to help out anyone who is interested in trying to obtain one-- 2751: (URL) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Spamcake Diner Franchised!

(...) As a matter of fact, that is exactly where I got mine (in an egg at LLC). I did it with the idea of copying the Spamcake Diner-- that was back at the Kidvention, summer of '00... If anyone runs across any of these eggs, please go ahead and buy (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

(...) You must be a relatively new AFOL, Mike. You may have had to wait a month or two, but consider that there are many AFOLs who have been coveting Metroliners and Club Cars for literary *years*. For these sets (and any sets, for that matter) to (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact