 Trains / 13621
Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 22:57:10 GMT

The GO looks like the same as manufacturer as the San Diego Coaster, Seattle
Sounder and the Miami Tri-Rail (as Larry said). The Coaster and Sounder have
a great paint job. Unfortunately there are no great pics of these...

It's a shame that I didn't have more time when we were down in Carlsbad.
There is a yard immediately next to I-5 between our campsite and Legoland
where various Coaster cars and locs were always parked.  I really wanted to
pull over and get some good shots, but was always in too much of a hurry.

One of these days I'm going to head downtown to take some shots of the
Sounder.  And yes, it is a very nice looking train.

Tony Halfner has a really great looking train set that has a very nice color
flow (although not bilevel). After seeing this I was inspired to try a
Coaster or Sounder using Tony's coloring techniques.

http://www.pnltc.org/Gal_LLCA_0801/Europa/Gallery.html?08030036

Hey- thanks for the nod!  But note that there is a bilevel car in there.
The middle passenger car has a pair of sleeping quarters below.  Or is it
not bilevel unless the whole thing has two floors?

I've been meaning to do a photo shoot of this train so that I can post it on
my site, but never got the chance to do it properly.  I'll have to get on that.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com