 Trains / Train Organizations / 1705
Re: Running multiple trains (was "GMLTC layout 'show' pictures")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 21:32:34 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Steve Barile writes:
If the main lines are large enough you can manually do this. We often have a
long "passing rail" (attached at both ends) off our mainlines. We setup two
simularly weighted trains, so the go about the same speed, one on the
mainline one on the passing rail. When train #1 is on the oppisite side of
the layout we'll switch on train #2. Both go around a bit and eventually one
catches up with the other so we switch the trailing one off onto the passing
rail...

Come on, Steve - I'm a computer programmer!  What is the standard answer to
every problem?  "Write a program"!!  <grin>

I spent the last hour in a staff meeting trying to figure out how I can do
this with RCXs...  ;-)

Don't know if I can make it work, or not - but it will be fun trying!

JohnG, GMLTC