 Trains / 13600
Re: GMLTC layout 'show' pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 21:18:03 GMT

In lugnet.announce, John Gerlach writes:
Yes, the new GMLTC train layout has had its world premier at the 2001
Hostfest in Minot, North Dakota.  We had four completed modules, of our
ultimate plan of 16 modules in the layout.  This is our first layout built
to handle 8-wide trains, with two 6-wide subway lines underneath the town.
We started with the 'town' sections, so we would have an excuse to build
lots of buildings, and have lots of mini-figures in town.  For this show we
built two plywood boxes to give us room to loop the two mainlines back on
each other, creating a 'dogbone' layout.

Instead of having people wait for us to update www.gmltc.org, I posted a few
pictures to my Brickshelf library:
(We have dozens of other pictures, I'm not going to promise when we'll get
our site updated...)

Looks great.  A couple of the buildings are just incredible.  The brickmania
building with the almost curved roof!  The grey and sand red building next to
it, the beautiful and expansive train station.  Wow!  I wish I could see all
this in person.

<clip>
JohnG, GMLTC

-Jason , MichLUG