 Trains / 13640
Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 21:47:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David Graham writes:
By one from any electrical store - get one with 1.5volt settings, 1.5, 3,
4.5, 6, 7.5, 9, 11.5 & 12v settings.  Then just change the setting to what
you require.
I do this as I have my trains at exhibitions and let the children opperate
them and I don't want to spent my time re-railing the trains.

David,

What a nice solution!  Just as a precaution, would my motors blow up if the
setting was accidentally switched to 12 volt?  And as a follow-up question,
could the 12 volt setting in theory be used to power the old 12 volt
lighting bricks?

Electrify well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.lugnet.com/~19/