 Trains / 13725
Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 04:36:45 GMT

The throttle would not have steps, it'd be a clean smooth sweep from 0v to 9v.

The IR receiver would make it so any $5 universal remote could be used to
control speed and direction.

SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Steve Barile writes:
How many out there are interested in a non-LEGO circuit board that can
physically directly replace the one in the LEGO controller? It would provide
nice linear pulsed (smooth at slow speeds) speed control.

How much would you spend, $20, $40, $60?

I thought about adding a potentiometer to limit the upper speed that could
be accessed with a small screw driver through a hole, that optionally could
be drilled in the base opposite the AC plug.

I also thought about an IR remote receiver. Another hole would be needed for
the IR receiver.

Any comments?
SteveB