 Trains / 13697
Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 21:03:33 GMT

"Jason J. Railton" wrote:
Well, I want to modify mine to output a constant 9V for powering technic
motor gadgets (e.g. point motors).  I've just got some polarity switches,
and I want to fit them on my controller.
I've been advised to wire up my own 9V regulator with a heatsink - I'll let
you know if it works.

In lugnet.trains, Dean Husby writes:
I use the standard, unmodified, train controller for technic. Just have
it at max power and you have 9 volts.

And you also have trains all over the floor, if you happen to have just the
one controller.  Thank you, but I'll take it under advisement :-)

The point is that you take off a steady 9V and feed it into a bank of
polarity switches.  These then control several electric features
(on/off/direction), and you still have free use of the variable speed
controller.

Not related to Tony Priestman are you?  Just wondered...  (see .loc.uk)

Jason J Railton