 Trains / 13707
Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 19:59:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steve Barile writes:
How many out there are interested in a non-LEGO circuit board that can
physically directly replace the one in the LEGO controller? It would provide
nice linear pulsed (smooth at slow speeds) speed control.

How much would you spend, $20, $40, $60?

I thought about adding a potentiometer to limit the upper speed that could
be accessed with a small screw driver through a hole, that optionally could
be drilled in the base opposite the AC plug.

I also thought about an IR remote receiver. Another hole would be needed for
the IR receiver.

I would like a pulse power throttle but am saving my pennies for DCC. Since
I'd need several, a more basic design that hits the 20 dollar price point is
desirable. If it has a trimpot to set the upper range which is accessible
from the outside, even better. We can drill our own hole in the case I
guess. Or just leave it set down low when we put the case together for that
fiddleproof show solution...