 Trains / Train Organizations / 1696
Re: Spamcake Diner Franchised!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:02:02 GMT

John:

What do y'all think about building a Spamcake Diner for *your* layout?

I really like the idea, but I am afraid the local planning
authorities would complain loudly. The architectural advisor
of the city council discourages buildings that don't go well
with the existing buildings in the downtown area. Do the
Spamcake Diner franchise agreements allow opening Spamcake
Diners in existing, more discrete buildings?

"7-Eleven" claims that the conservative planning policy in
Bregnerod counters free market agreements[1], but
independent stores support the policy of the city council.

Jacob (not mayor in Bregnerod at the moment)

1) Their signs don't match the existing buildings in
Bregnerod (and I lack some of the pieces ;-).
--
"an OS that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike
Windows"