 Trains / Train Organizations / 1679
Re: Spamcake Diner Franchised!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 19:44:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:

What do y'all think about building a Spamcake Diner for *your* layout?

I think it's a great idea! Every layout that has room for it should have a
"restaurant row" with recognisable national (and regional) icons... It is a
real crowd pleaser when they recognise the various chains(1), it starts
conversations and is a good entry if a club member wants to talk to mundanes
(we have some shy members who can use good openings).

Mixing this touch of originality in will build cross club recognition  and
camaraderie.

Do you have more than just the photos to go on or did you wing it?

Bravo.

FUT to trains.org :-)

1 - although actually having a horse corral with a horse walkway to the back
of the Taco Bell, like we did, may be a bit over the top... (and may be
considered disparagement)

++Lar