 Trains / Train Organizations / 1681
Re: Spamcake Diner Franchised!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:13:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:

What do y'all think about building a Spamcake Diner for *your* layout?

I think it's a great idea! Every layout that has room for it should have a
"restaurant row" with recognisable national (and regional) icons...

LOL If *ever* there was a time when I expected a shameless plug from you Lar, it
would have been here-- nice show of restraint;-)  (Larry has just introduced a
new Custom kit which precisely fits into this idea)....

<*unsolicited* shameless plug:
http://www.miltontrainworks.com/item_info_4001.html#MTW-4001-sky >

It is a
real crowd pleaser when they recognise the various chains(1), it starts
conversations and is a good entry if a club member wants to talk to mundanes
(we have some shy members who can use good openings).

Mixing this touch of originality in will build cross club recognition  and
camaraderie.

Do you have more than just the photos to go on or did you wing it?

Nope.  Pretty much just winged it.  But there is a rumor going around that Tom
is creating a .dat file of it....

Bravo.

FUT to trains.org :-)
;-)