 Trains / Train Organizations / 1682
Re: Spamcake Diner Franchised!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:21:18 GMT

John wrote:

The history behind the term "spamcake" is a funny one, germinating from Tom
McDonald's hilariously creative spamblock warning sigs.  Do a search for
"spamcake" in off-topic.fun sometime if you don't know what I'm talking about.
When Tom came out with his Spamcake Diner, I was in love.  What a great idea,
paying homage to a great bit:-)  Here is his official Spamcake Diner web site:

http://www.baylug.org/titan/spamcake/spamcakediner.htm

Luckily for me, I got the chance to meet Tom and see the original Spamcake Diner
for myself at the Kidvention last year.  It occurred to me that it would be
really cool if every LTC had a version of the Spamcake Diner somewhere on its
layout, to sort of build club camaraderie.  It would be a kind of like a Hard
Rock Cafe thing, only with an AFOL twist.  Tom and I even talked about printing
up T-shirts with the Spamcake Diner logo and particular cities printed
underneath, a la the Hard Rock Cafe:

Spamcake Diner
San Francisco

Spamcake Diner
Twin Cities

Spamcake Diner
Your Town

I need to sit down and do it sometime soon for Raleigh... I'm in
possesion of the signature dog (and I have the requisite yellow
macaronis).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com