 Trains / *11069 (-100)
  Re: Old whistle train on ebay

(...) Why not: you would be outbid for quite sure anyway: (URL) know of a handful of further sealed sets 138 and 118. Those have been that expensive in the beginning of the 70ies, that they survived the times unsold in lots of shops as it seems.... (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v Connectors

(...) It's very hard to close an opened motor again, since thinks are pressed inside under stress. The material is a kind of electrical bronce. That means it is much weaker as copper, but I think any kind of (weak) metal will do the same job. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Wheels

(...) Several Basic Sets from the eighties used the same axle block in 2x4x1 and the same red pins to hold the wheels. Nobody needs these standard Basic wheels with the four studs on the face side... You can get those wheels best out of the block (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v Connectors

(...) They're hard to open and possibly even harder to close again. Check out Ben's motor history page for more details: (URL) and secondly, I am sure Lego (...) It looks indeed like copper but I guess any conducting material will do. -Frank (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

Tony, Very cool models! Know if only TLG could follow your lead. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  12v Connectors

Hi All, I was wondering whether there are any exeperts or "seasoned amaturers" out there who could give me some guidance. I have a black 12v motor and due to the length of time that it has run, the 4 electical connectors (the spring loaded ones) on (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Old whistle train on ebay

(...) Check out Ben's history of Lego Trains: the entry for <set:138> details the whistle feature. (URL) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

(...) (I tried to email you, but ... of course ... the mail bounced) Uh, Tony, you really ought to fill out the news-posting setup form again for your new email address. (URL) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Old whistle train on ebay

Here: (URL) I won't be bidding!) I remember seeing these in a catalog when I was a kid, but it didn't really tell you how it worked. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks ROSCO (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

Chris, (...) I (...) Yes, I think we need a commercial district next time! : ) Scott S. -- Personal Page: (URL) Index Page: (URL) The Sanburn Systems Company for individual or bulk sale LEGO parts! www.sanburnsystems.com (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: GTA/Ontario Train Fans?

hideous monster made from mindstorms, and "attack" the layout.... (...) the layout and go with my idea of terrorizing the town!!?? Benjamin Medinets (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) An SD40-3 is an updated SD40-2, these locomotves were rebuilt with microprocessor controls among other things. -Harvey (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

Why? What's wrong with two? Maybe yours will be better. Rise to the challenge! "Peter F. Guenther" <pguenthe@zdnetonebox.com> wrote in message news:GA7x6q.K5F@lugnet.com... (...) GATS, (...) to (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

Heh, I know. kilaras@speedus.com hasn't worked in a year...I tried to fix it here on Lugnet and I thought I did but I guess not. Oh well. "kai brodersen" <cbrodersen@mediaone.net> wrote in message news:GA7JD5.2GB@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) seem (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

(...) Hey guys i was thinking of a kroger store .... (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

Peter, (...) Err, no need to get that excited about it! ; ) (...) to (...) You can still build one! I think I will try to build that Coffee Beanery, I think I might have sometime soon! : ) : ) : ) : ) Scott S. -- Personal Page: (URL) Index Page: (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: A question about Insulation between tracks

(...) Using a catenary supply, you have (effectively) 0V at the rails, and +9V..-9V overhead for forward / reverse. So +9V gives you forward. Whichever way the train is facing, it'll go forward. Two trains on the same track facing in opposite (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A question about Insulation between tracks

(...) I'm not sure I agree. Can you take me through it? If I have two trains on the same block, they will go the same direction, whether they get power from catenary with return through both rails, or whether they get power just from the rails. If I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

(...) Damn, you beat me to it. After the McDonald's I did for the Michigan GATS, I was going to do a 7-Eleven but I never got around to it. Oh well--back to the drawing board (or building table). Excellent job! This looks great. Peter (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: GTA/Ontario Train Fans?

(...) ya know....... I'm not all that bad. (ok yes i am) in fact, I own train stuff, and monorail stuff. its just not my thing. I'll ore than likely show up and help in any tiny way i can. Chris Visit my newly revamped walker page @ (URL) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: GTA/Ontario Train Fans?

(...) First, thanks to everyone who emailed me-I'll get around to organizing a response which will eventually lead to the rtlToronto newsgroup for further discussion. To answer a few questions: When: Late May (I am taking vacation from the office (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) I (...) know (...) a (...) That's fine, but up here, the engines tend to being DRS-xx-x or such... (Diesel Road Switcher, I think...) Get a copy of 2nd diesel spotters guide, it is a good resource for use. Otherwise: 4 axles (GE=B, GM=GP) 6 (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GTA/Ontario Train Fans?

(...) When....? I still can't do anything until late may.... my metroliner is coming here in 10 days or so!! just to let you know. haven't received freight rail runner, even though the seller (from Germany) sent it in mid-February...I hate dealing (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) If your close enough to read it the engine might have the class painted on it. I watched a SD40-3 go by the other day. It looked just like an SD40-2 and I was very surprised to see a -3. I am not a train spotter at all, I just didn't know (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First MOC Posting

Great stuff Robert! I can't wait to see it in person. Robert Powell <rpowell25@home.com> wrote in message news:GA6HIz.JzG@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) I've recently discovered the joys of a Walthers catalog. Walthers is a model railroad distributor, and they publish a very large catalog every year. There are a lot of B/W side shots of rolling stock. This is great for browsing and IDing (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) I'm not interested in the 'every varient' thing, but I would like to know if there is some way to tell (other than sheer volume of knowledge base, which is how trainheads do it, I assume) what an engine I'm looking at is. Beyond the basic (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) If you really want to be able to tell, get a copy of Second Diesel Spotter's Guide. But it's not a critical thing to be able to tell every variant. ++Lar (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

I figured I'd ask that here, since so many people are tossing around model types, I figure someone ought to know... If I see a train go by, and want to know what model it is, how do I find out, short of slogging through hundreds of pictures & model (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

"Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:GA7GoE.HyL@lugnet.com... (...) I don't drink coffee but my brother slugs it down like there is no tomorrow so that picture reminded me of him. He LOVES large coffee mugs. :-) I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: First MOC Posting

In lugnet.trains, Thomas Cook writes: Is it based on a prototype/real train? Yes and no. I kinda built it using the local Amtrack and other MOC's I've seen in the last few months as references then made up the rest. (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First MOC Posting

It would be really great if you were able to have two of (...) Thanks! Yeah, I would love to build another engine as soon as I find another black train windscreen on Brickbay. I do have two grey windscreens I am currently bulding up and hope to have (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

I ment to say Tony Kilaras. (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

(...) Right..... : ) LOL! Scott S. -- (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

Tony & All, (...) Very impressive, the buildings really stand out. In fact, it inspires me to build the Flushing, Michigan based version of Starbucks (I think it was out before them) The Coffee Beanery ( (URL) ) for our next show. I worked there for (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: A question about Insulation between tracks

(...) Never allow it to happen. While for LEGO it's not a big deal, in regular MR, it is, it can burn out power packs. Make sure you switch your isolated segment in a way that it doesn't occur (you need an isolated segment which is switchable, made (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

Whoops- I forgot to mention the spamblocker. Remove my PANTS to reply. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: First MOC Posting

(...) I really like the freight train- all the cars are nicely crafted. That's quite the linkage on the engine's coupler. I assume that it is required because of the increased width and because of the length between the wheelsets and the ends. Very (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

(...) to the Southland Co. several years ago. The only thing missing is the raving derilect and the crackhead who used to come in each night around 2 am. By the way: did you know that Sebben-Lebben won't compensate you if you're shot and maimed on (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

(...) As James said: "Draper Taper" Its fairly simple, I've used 1x6 technic plates, and 1x1 round bricks for the ends, and lots of plates and 1x2 & 1x3 bricks... I have to make the door still. I'll post pictures soon. Josh (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

Tony your e-mail doesnt work. Just thought you would like to know. (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: First MOC Posting

Nice slick passenger train! Is it based on a prototype/real train? "Robert Powell" <rpowell25@home.com> wrote in message news:GA6HIz.JzG@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

(...) If it makes you feel any better, I thought that was clever, too- you do know that there are sets that make coffee pots with clear minifig heads, right? If not, even bigger kudos. eric (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

(...) Thanks to both of you. They are a lot of fun and really are surprisingly easy to do. (...) Heh! As far as the coffee cup being the size of a man's head... the thing they guy was holding in that picture was really supposed to be a *pot* of (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

(...) The sticker for the Starbucks came from one of their stores- you could probably just ask for one at the counter of any Starbucks. I created the 7-Eleven sticker. I'd be happy to mail the .tif file to anyone who wants it, but I'd rather not (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

(...) Ditto! Both very, very nice. This kind of building- modelling real-life things with a LEGO style- is the best kind, IMHO. I love them. (...) You obviously haven't ever been to Starbuck's. :D eric (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

Tony: Great job on both of these stores. I love all the small details that you have packed in. I had to laugh at the "12.01" cost of a cup of coffee until I saw the last picture - yikes, a cup of coffee as big as one's head. No wonder it cost (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

(...) It's a lot easier to detail the interior of a small store than a big one. On the other hand, for train shows it's questionable how much you need to detail the inside of buildings- unless you are out there lifting off the roof every 5 minutes (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

(...) Spiff-o-matic. A bit bulky looking but it's hard to be delicate AND working... I wanna see this baby in action through the whole load/unload cycle. (I had some Tyco Electric Trucking, remember that, guys?? and i always set up my track so that (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

(...) Dwayne's is a much more massive engine, and is a lot more stable than mine to begin with. I hadn't thought about the effect of fingers on the fans- perhaps a belt drive with a rubber band would be a good idea. I wish I'd taken the opportunity (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Wheels

I have four of the larger spoked train wheels but the centres are puzzling, they are just small holes. How can I use them.....any clues anyone ? Please ! Michael Pratt (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First MOC Posting

I really like the passenger train engine ((URL) The design of the nose works really well. It looks really sleak yet conversely beefy as well. It would be really great if you were able to have two of them, one at either end of the train. Nicholas (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First MOC Posting

(...) oooh -- I like! -- especially the maintenance train with all the LEGO TECHNIC bits and the flatbed. --Todd (a space/monorail guy) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  GTA/Ontario Train Fans?

Hi folks, A few of us in rtlToronto (A Group for Lego Enthusiasts in the Greater Toronto and Southern Ontario Area, (URL) thinking of doing a little train event. Is there anyone in our area who'd be interested in participating, apart from Iain, Ben, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

(...) Details, details, details.... I love detail - great job Tony! (Especially the long haired punk with the indians hair is a nice idea.) Ben (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

(...) No, actually I think bigger (and wider;-) *is* better. My $2;-) John (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  First MOC Posting

Hello All, Here are my first offerings: www.bob2cool.com I've got one 6 wide and one 8 wide. Check'em out. Thx, Robert (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

Can you post the stickers you used? "Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:GA5vF0.C91@lugnet.com... (...) seeing (...) out (...) show (...) to (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: A question about Insulation between tracks

(...) There's always a little more excitement when there's an element of danger! -BMW (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Forming a Southern California Lego Train Club

I'm aware many of you have heard this somewhere, sometime, before but on Saturday, March 24, in Mission Viejo CA, there will be a very important meeting held. One that I and other like myself hope will finally get the Southern California Lego Train (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: A question about Insulation between tracks

Base on the discussion, I think we can use Insulated Track Components in block control or RCX control, especially in RCX control, if your program has a bug, it is easy to lead to short circuit, I designed all Insulated Track Components, you can find (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

(...) If you thought you needed my approval, consider it given, but I don't think you need it. I didn't use a normal train plate. I put the 9V motor as low as I could in the design--I actually built the "fuel tanks" around it so it kept the center (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

(...) Tony, I like your design. In the front 3/4 view, it looks great, but in the side views, it looks a bit stubby. Are those engines stubby, or is this a LEGO effect? D'oh! I just read the text on the side view page!!! Sorry. Anyway, like the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

(...) I like the Starbucks, I've got one going too, but mine is in a skyscraper, i just need a sign, I also have a Subway in the same building. Its amazing the number of "commercialized" buildings poping up. Josh (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

Hey, Those are really great! I've been shifting to ever larger buildings lately in an attempt to get something really cool, but I'm amazed at how many smaller buildings have come out lately of such fine quality. Hmmm - Maybe bigger isn't necessarily (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  7-Eleven and Starbucks

Many of you may remember Steve Barile's great buildings that he posted a while back (see (URL) Well, after seeing them and a few others at the GATS show in Portland, I couldn't get them out of my head. I had to build a couple of similar icons. So I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town) !!

  Re: Harry Potter speculation

(...) Sean, I know that the message that i'm responding to here was posted a little while ago, but as I read more of the HP novels, the more comitted I become to advocating Belville scale HP sets. Before reading on, you may want to refer to a (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.belville, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Pictures from NGLTC layout at Atlanta NMRA show

(...) Hmm, maybe *I* should fly down and crash the party with some 14 wides! {:^D -John (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Interesting price point - what's the record for 7750?

An ebay auction that has gone way over my head: (URL) far exeeds the highest price for a 398 Constellation... fut to l/mkt/auction Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.auction)

  4.5v vs 12

set 7834 and set 7823... arn't these 12v? not 4.5? set 7823 seems to have the conducting rails in the middle... any info appretiated, i don't own any 4.5 or 12v trains, so i'm not certain. thanks. (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.

(...) Steve is neglecting to mention that the zoning worked very well, and was a heck of a crowd pleaser, especially the 'high-speed' line down the front of the layout. The only thing I'd do differently next time is label the controllers. I was (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 'Dog Bone' - definition

(...) I was thinking about this a few days ago (the whole auto vs HOG thing), so I wandered over to where I could sit in my car & watch some of the on-site rail ops at work for lunch.(1) Coupling/uncoupling - manual. Loading/unloading - all (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

(...) That first shot is a really beautiful picture. Yes, it is very similar in shape- and modeling the wedge looks like a good challenge. I would assume that it is tapered to give the engineer a better rearward view from the cab. The FP45 looks (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

(...) No, it doesn't seem to. But the big ol' 9v motor makes the loc very top-heavy. It can't do corners at full speed if it has a decent straight lead into them. If I do that again, I might try using a micromotor and gearing it up. On the other (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: http://linux.corel.com/products/wp8/download.htm

(...) isn't it? sorry all, meant to sent the note to myself, and didn't notice that netscape defaulted to post instead of mail... now where's that ability to delete your postings... :/ FUT elsewhere... hmmm.... admin.nntp :) Dan (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: http://linux.corel.com/products/wp8/download.htm

Dan, (...) Scott S. -- (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

(...) I love the rotating fan/vents on top! Does the extra power drain on the 9V affect the speed at all? (I wouldn't think so.) How fast do they spin? Mind if I try to do the same thing? SRC StRuCtures L#765 (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Dog Bone' - definition

(...) A double dogbone would be if the whole dogbone was double track, I think. That means including the end loops... one nested inside the other ++Lar (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Dog Bone' - definition

(...) Hey, I just want some one else to go through the work of trying it out... (...) Hand of God. (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

(...) Nice. I like the seven-wide rim at the top! How much "flow-through" do you get with the bottom restriction? Any danger of the 1x6 plate coming off? I'm curious to hear "Mr. black hopper"'s take on it... 8-) SRC (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.

(...) If that's true (IMO it's not) there's no reason for it to be the case. Consider: (URL) simple interconnected double-loop like what Michel designed for GETS last fall. As long as you run the inner and outer loops in the same direction, trains (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.

(...) Based on advice from others here on large layouts, I laid-out our layout at Supertrain2001 with FIVE different controllers and speed zones. Where each section met mechanically, it was isolated electrically with two little pieces of black (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 'Dog Bone' - definition

(...) Ah - OK Then would this be a single or double dog-bone? (URL) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Dog Bone' - definition

(...) Stop with the good ideas - I already spend too much time tinkering. 8-) (...) HOG - Hand's On Grabbing??? (...) You mean like something like this? (Supertrain2001 layout) :-) (URL) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V train engines

It appears that Lego Service in Europe may still have these. They're not cheap (DM1 per tire--not per pack) and they're not willing to sell them in large numbers, but I'm pretty sure some people in Germany have recently gotten ahold of some from (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from NGLTC layout at Atlanta NMRA show

(...) Sorry about that. I only found out recently that when I use "webmail" off my server that it was adding a "usi" onto the front of my email address. 23rd National LGBMRRC Convention, July 10-14, Atlanta, GA. You have to be a LGBMRRC Member to (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

I like it a lot. I think you have captured the FP45 very well. And the rotating fans are always neat. "Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:GA3rxB.4FH@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from NGLTC layout at Atlanta NMRA show

Katie, I tried to reply to your email you sent me last week about this, but it kept bouncing back. What is this "Model Train Convention", I haven't heard anything about such an event this summer. I'll have to ask around tonight at the monthly (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from NGLTC layout at Atlanta NMRA show

(...) The pictures are GREAT! Several friends and I are hoping that we can catch your club in action while we are in Atlanta for 6 days in July at a Model Train convention. Katie (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Track Designer (was: 'Dog Bone' - definition)

(...) This program is invaluable. Saves a lot of wear and tear on the knees when setting up fun layouts for the kids, saves a lot of redface at shows when things don't line up right. Highly recommended. (2) Note that SRC's pics he posted asking (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

(...) slider in the bottom. The slider protrudes slightly on either side, so you push it up against a pair of posts either side of the track to force it open. Unfortunately, I had to keep the hatch small enough to pour through 9V track, and it only (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A question about Insulation between tracks

(...) I have used electrical insulation tape and it worked fine. You do have to trim it carefully to avoid snags. I had considered cutting off the metal coating to create a permanently non-conducting element but since the tape worked I decided (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A question about Insulation between tracks

(...) You can't. But, as long as it is not the exact same distance between the 2 rails and the power supply, the motor will still see a difference, and likely move. If it doesn't, get out your handy HOG and push it off the joint, and watch it fly (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

(...) Brian, Can you shed any light (no pun intended) on the process you used to generate your INCREDIBLY photo-realistic images? I've read most of the posts and your website, and it appears to comprise PhotoShop, stickers, detailed design, (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish.photography)

Brian Williams <brian_williams@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:GA49y7.7C2@lugnet.com... (...) [snip] (...) to (...) Of course, then you have the possibility of two trains having a head-on..... ROSCO (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A question about Insulation between tracks

The scenario you are proposing in indeed a problem. It happens commonly when using block control or reversing loops. A couple sugguestions: 1. If you are using block control, then create shorter blocks and adopt a rule that no two trains can operate (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures from NGLTC layout at Atlanta NMRA show

I have uploaded some pictures from this weekends NMRA Piedmont Division ((URL) show here in Atlanta this past weekend. When we arrived at the Cobb County Civic Center we found that we were given an bizarre position for setting up, basically it was (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  A question about Insulation between tracks

My friends asked me a question about Insulation between tracks, I am not sure if it will be a problem. Base on some expert's idea, we can insulated tracks using adhesive tape as follow: |----| + ===...===O======= - - ===...===O======= + |----| is (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

In l (...) Draper Taper, IIRC. I do like the full width body style locos. Especially up here, having a exposed walkway is stupid in winter weather. It makes for good photos though :) James P (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact