 Trains / 10315
Re: 12v Connectors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 07:51:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Evans writes:

I have a black 12v motor and due to the length of time that it has run, the
4 electical connectors (the spring loaded ones) on the bottom are wearing
away, creating contact problems with the middle rail.

Firstly, how easily are these motors to open up

They're hard to open and possibly even harder to close again.
Check out Ben's motor history page for more details:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/9v_12v/9v_12v.html#7865

and secondly, I am sure Lego
will not be supporting spares for this motor, but I have access to a lathe
so could knock some more up, but what are they made of - looks like copper
but I am not sure .

It looks indeed like copper but I guess any conducting material will do.

-Frank