 Trains / 10337
Re: 12v Connectors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:35:06 GMT

Jonathan,

The copper-like material that you refer to is called "phospher bronze".  It
is used for applications like motor brushes and machines well.  Good luck
with you're replacement plans.

-BMW

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Evans writes:
Hi All,

I was wondering whether there are any exeperts or "seasoned amaturers" out
there who could give me some guidance.

I have a black 12v motor and due to the length of time that it has run, the
4 electical connectors (the spring loaded ones) on the bottom are wearing
away, creating contact problems with the middle rail.

Firstly, how easily are these motors to open up and secondly, I am sure Lego
will not be supporting spares for this motor, but I have access to a lathe
so could knock some more up, but what are they made of - looks like copper
but I am not sure .

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Joff