 Trains / 10248
Re: My first MOC locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:04:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:
In l
Hey, i was thinking or making a F45 too, but i decided apon a simalar
locomotive, the SD40-2F, built for the Canadian Pacific Railway.  Here are
some pictures, i liked the distinctive wedge (has a special name, can't
think of it now):

That first shot is a really beautiful picture.  Yes, it is very similar in
shape- and modeling the wedge looks like a good challenge.  I would assume
that it is tapered to give the engineer a better rearward view from the cab.
The FP45 looks like it has no rear view at all.  I believe that they
commonly are used in reversed pairs or triples with a B unit in between.

I do like the full width body style locos.  Especially up here, having a
exposed walkway is stupid in winter weather.  It makes for good photos though
:)

Heh- I chose this prototype because the nose and the full width body looked
easy to model.  A 1-stud-wide walkway doesn't strike me as terribly useful
for minifigs to do maintenance, and a 1-stud-wide door from the cab to the
walkway seems even less useful.  Even so, my next locomotive will probably
be open on the sides.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com