 Trains / 10224
Re: My first MOC locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 02:03:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tony Hafner writes:
http://www.hafhead.com/lego/mytrain/loc1969/index.html

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:

A *very nice* first MOC!  (much better than my first attempts!)  I like the
use of the fence pieces on the sides to represent venting.

Thank you very much!  After doing a few shows with PNLTC, I've seen a lot of
really nice MOC trains in the last 6 months.  Being around these guys has to
rub off at least a little.

One question on the 'tail end', since I'm not familiar with this locomotive.
Should there be a door of some sort (ala 'metroliner') so crew can walk to
the next locomotive in the 'consist'?

When I was building this, I only had 2 pictures to go on (1 from a
coffee-table book, and 1 from a Walthers catalog).  I actually just plain
made up the rear.  Since, I have found a number of other shots on the web.
The rear has a small deck behind the body, like I have.  It doesn't have an
enclosed corridor-type connection, but it does have doorways in both the
nose and the tail (neither of which I modeled).

This page has a lot of photos that I would have loved to have when I was
building the model:
http://members.aol.com/JFuhrtrain/SF95_pix/SF95_pix.htm

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com

Hey, i was thinking or making a F45 too, but i decided apon a simalar
locomotive, the SD40-2F, built for the Canadian Pacific Railway.  Here are
some pictures, i liked the distinctive wedge (has a special name, can't
think of it now):
http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/tr_cp9000.jpg
http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/tr_cp9020.jpg

Also here are more F45 pictures (some are other locomotives):
http://www.northeast.railfan.net/diesel30.html

Josh