 Trains / 10253
10252  |  10254
Subject:
7-Eleven and Starbucks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 00:16:12 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Many of you may remember Steve Barile's great buildings that he posted a
while back (see http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=9288).  Well, after seeing
them and a few others at the GATS show in Portland, I couldn't get them out
of my head.  I had to build a couple of similar icons.

So I built a couple of stores.  They recently debuted at a small train show
up here in the Seattle area.

First, I did the 7-Eleven.  In my opinion, this is one of the
most-recognizeable residents of North American suburbia:
  http://www.hafhead.com/lego/mytown/7eleven/index.html

Next I built a Starbucks store, a common urban fixture in our region:
  http://www.hafhead.com/lego/mytown/starbux/index.html

If I had enough bricks, I'd build a Microsoft office building- those seem to
be all over the place too.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com