 Trains / 10272
Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:22:11 GMT

Tony:

Great job on both of these stores.  I love all the small details that you
have packed in.  I had to laugh at the "12.01" cost of a cup of coffee until
I saw the last picture - yikes, a cup of coffee as big as one's head.  No
wonder it cost "12.01"!  [
http://www.hafhead.com/lego/mytown/starbux/big08.html]

Tim

"Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message
Many of you may remember Steve Barile's great buildings that he posted a
while back (see http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=9288).  Well, after • seeing
them and a few others at the GATS show in Portland, I couldn't get them • out
of my head.  I had to build a couple of similar icons.

So I built a couple of stores.  They recently debuted at a small train • show
up here in the Seattle area.

First, I did the 7-Eleven.  In my opinion, this is one of the
most-recognizeable residents of North American suburbia:
  http://www.hafhead.com/lego/mytown/7eleven/index.html

Next I built a Starbucks store, a common urban fixture in our region:
  http://www.hafhead.com/lego/mytown/starbux/index.html

If I had enough bricks, I'd build a Microsoft office building- those seem • to
be all over the place too.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com