 Trains / 10230
Re: The Royal Train Website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 07:50:10 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.trains, Brian Williams writes:
Happy New Year!
I've finally completed a new website showcasing my Lego train layout in the
NW suburbs of Chicago (ocassionally refered to as GMLTC south).  You can
check it out at "www.royal-train.com".  There was a lot of interest when I
managed to post a few of the pictures several months ago so email me if I
can answer any questions.  I'll be adding to it over the next few weeks so
check back periodically too.  Have fun!

Brian, this is the most incredible thing I've ever seen!  I can't imagine the
amount of work that must have gone into hand-painting all those pieces and
setting up and photographing the displays.  It's totally beautiful.  My jaw
dropped on almost every photo.  I love the banjo guys and the "Kathryn" loco
the most!

Brian,

Can you shed any light (no pun intended) on the process you used to generate
your INCREDIBLY photo-realistic images?
I've read most of the posts and your website, and it appears to comprise
PhotoShop, stickers, detailed design, "real-world landscaping" and REAL LEGO
bricks?
Is that a correct summary of the components?
It looks as though you may have created a number of smaller LEGO dioramas,
spliced together the landscape, then used PhotoShop to "blend" them all
together.

I find myself taking lots of "bland" pictures of my buildings and layouts,
but I was stumped as to how to present it as a cohesive world on my website.
But after seeing your highly selective and excellent choice of pictures, I'd
choose the immersive style of photo-realistic pictures over the "every
camera angle including under the kitchen sink" strategy!

Anyways, I think your work is fabulous and a testament to your commitment to
high quality work! Any tips for us lowly AFOLs would be much appreciated!

-Stephen