 Trains / 10231
Re: A question about Insulation between tracks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:17:34 GMT

The problem is when motor is on the two parts of insulated tracks, and
the current is opposite as above, does the short circuit happen? How can
we avoid it?

You can't.  But, as long as it is not the exact same distance between the 2
rails and the power supply, the motor will still see a difference, and likely
move.  If it doesn't, get out your handy HOG and push it off the joint, and
watch it fly off at the next corner because you left the controller at notch 5
:)

It usually is not a problem, so why borrow it?  In the case of a reversing
loop, it should never happen, and in the case of block control, more than one
controller will be involved which makes it easier on the controllers.

James