 Trains / *10569 (-100)
  Nice model of a AMD103

Here are two pictures: (URL) saw this when I was browsing the new pictures on Brickshelf. I was wondering if anyone knows who built this locomotive, and if there are anymore pictures. I'd like to make a model like it. Josh (Who wishes he was part of (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC

(...) Well, something inside me says 'I won't touch this with a 39 1/2 foot pole' and the other half says, 'maybe a few enlightening observations could help here.' (...) Larry and I have not had a perfect track record, but I think I speak for both (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC

SNipped (...) yes i do and i up hold my statement but i do not want tell you why to embarrass you and get insulting and i would need a .flame for that. (...) never was shouting, your just looking for something wrong with me. (...) I dont care any (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Track to return engine? In English?

Like mine.... www.geocities.com/so...tropas.htm Or in the real world: (URL) down) Sonnich Jeff Christner <regult@aol.com> wrote in message news:3a9af388.652789...net.com... (...) of (...) faces. (...) reverse (...) you (...) end (...) the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  IBLTC

International Brotherhood of LTC (or whatever) I think we should have a mailing list that includes a representative (or 2, or 3) from each LTC so that we can at least sync up wrt to GATS (honorariums) and creating a united LTC-ness. Perhaps this (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC Site

(...) Just trying to be helpful. I'm not asking you to fix anything. Chris (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track to return engine? In English?

(...) None of the three wyes in this area use wye switches. (...) Some freight cars must also be turned before spotting them at their respective industries. Boxcars are sometimes marked "unload this side only" while some covered hoppers only have (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track to return engine? In English?

Thansk all of you! I think passing loop is what I was looking for. Sonnich James Powell <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message news:G9C4H4.MrH@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) rather (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small Town Passenger Station

(...) Josh (who wishes he was part of Dale Earnhardt Inc. right now) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Dog Bone' (improved reversing loop)

(...) [snip] (...) After I had build my first reversing loop, I discovered it was possible to operate such a loop without te need for setting the switch. Ofcourse this requires that you always run through the loop in the same direction, but you (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Dog Bone'

(...) Yet another good reason why it would be nice to have a wider radius track section... For now though if you have room you might want to consider extending the loop part of the dogbone. Of course if you extend it to much it really isn't a (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Dog Bone'

(...) The thing for me is that I am more into the Single Track "Short Line" type of layout which is why I would like the reversing loops at either end. There are many good uses for the double track dogbones though and they are definitely easier to (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

(...) Yea, I was a bit bummed by that, and the fact that the 2x2 outside corner is also there... (...) When I saw the 1x2 inverses in 7311, I said, aha, now I can afford to make the bow of a pirate ship in green (it uses both 2x2 and 2x3 inverse (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at SMRC Train Show - Feb 24 & 25

Robin: (...) going perpendicular to the main line. Play well, Jacob -- (URL) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Dog Bone'

(...) All three operational loops that we had at Supertrain were dogbones, and worked well for crowd-pleasing. The only real hitch was that we couldn't run many long trains becuase they'd keep dropping cars or slowing/stopping on the end loops (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Dog Bone'

(...) Most MR dogbones are doubletracked on the middle part. This avoids needing to solve the reverser loop problem (if you omit crossovers) and gives much more operating flexibility since you can have arbitrary numbers of trains operating (within (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Dog Bone'

(...) I'm working on that very thing for the new GMLTC layout. I've got it pieced together (no pun intended!) in my head, it's just a matter of programming the RCX and give it a whirl. If I'm thinking of everything correctly, it's a simpler solution (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

(...) Ah - the giant dinosaur foot. A seriously expensive way of getting these bricks. Blast. (...) Sneaky. Looks like the train needs more than 2 though. Might try a bit of SNOTting then, with all the regular slopes from my Slave-1. Or wait for (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Track to return engine? In English?

(...) This brings up one of the things on my wish list for somewhere in the distant future... I think it would be nice if we could run trains on a layout in a "Dog Bone" configuration (I.E. 2 reversing loops connected by a length of staight track) (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small Town Passenger Station

Thomas: (...) scene" stuff too. - And now bring the station manager a fresh hot cup of coffee. ;-) It makes me think about what actually hides behind the walls at our local station. Play well, Jacob -- (URL) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Small Town Passenger Station

I've finally updated www.lgauge.com and have a new small town passenger station posted: (URL) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Motorized Railroad Crossing Lift-Gate Plans

(...) images or plans from another site. I am in the process of improving these directions and I am also writing up a few more related items (flashing warning lights and RCX control) that you may also want to link to. - Chris. (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track to return engine? In English?

(...) In addition to a name for a switch, a wye is also a triangular arrangment of trackage that allows a train or locomotive to reverse the way that it faces. Similar to a "3 point turn" with a car, you proceed down one branch, reverse to cross (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Railroad Crossing Lift-Gate Plans

(...) I have synchronized a pair of these gates, and it is much easier to do than you might imagine. The drive train in my design uses a rubber-band, which allows slippage when the gates reach their limits of motion. The rather odd assortment of (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at SMRC Train Show - Feb 24 & 25

The layout is great. Any show is a major accomplishment that includes many hidden hours of work and organizing. Keep up the great work! Everyone really rocked on this one! While I was talking to Moe from GATS he mentioned you guys! It's great to (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Invitation to Rollin' Rails, in WA

The Pacific Northwest LEGO Train Club will be exhibiting this weekend at the 15th Annual Rollin' Rails show in Edmonds, WA. Show details: Sunday, March 4, 2001. 11am – 5pm Admission: $4.00 (under 12, free). Francis Anderson Rec. Center 700 Main (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.sealug) !

  Re: GMLTC Site

I think that Photoshop 5.5 can make me the thumbnails too. I only had Photoshop 3.0 when I was scanning them in. Plus J1's camera makes thumbnails for it's website feature too. I should probably go back through and update the thumbnails someday.... (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Site

(...) I understand. We are all on a budget. I wrote a Drag and Drop capable AppleScript that uses GraphicConverter (more sharware) to scale pictures. You could use it to create thumbnails. Have a Mac user use AppleShare via TCP/IP and connect to my (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track to return engine? In English?

(...) Wye as in "Y", the term wye is for a switch that splits both ways, as in a capital "Y", the lego switch splits one way froma straight track as in the case of a small "y". The wye is not that actual trem you woyld use here, most likely a (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes: <snipped my distortion of history that John quoted> (...) Correction accepted. I was willing to take the fall for this since Kai has already stated he considers me a meanie, or words to that effect... (...) Good (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

(...) I had an offline question as to where some of the slopes are available from. The 2x2 inverse is available in 1349 LEGO Studios Steven Spielberg MovieMaker Set The 1x2 inverse is available in 7311 Red Planet Cruiser (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC

(...) Correction: I was looking to form a club entitled the "Upper Midwest LEGO Train Club" (see early threads in .trains.org). *J-1* and the others were thinking about "Greater Minnesota", and had already secured gmltc.org for that name. After a (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

(...) That truly is a scary train, dude. Makes the 4561 look downright businesslike. -Harvey (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

Also orange in the Arctic snowmobile, hence my mantra against 6 wide trains: a snowmobile shouldn't be as wide as a train.... -John (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

(...) version one to never continue with this model. You know I have 'hostages', I would really consider the implications of ever bringing this model up again. -chris ps. this post is totally in jest ;) well everthing except the comments regarding (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

(...) Six or so months ago, I utilized both the green and yellow pieces to create the most hideous train in the world!!! MMMwwaaahahahahaha! BEHOLD! The Citrius Express! (URL) Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

(...) It is also avalable in black in 6774 Alpha Team ATV and 6775 Alpha Team Bomb Squad Mark M. (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

(...) It's also found in yellow on the 6474 Wheeled Front Shovel. Now contemplate a yellow engine. -Harvey (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track to return engine? In English?

(...) Hello Sonnich,the type of track used to allow an engine to run around it's train is known in English as a wye. It gets it's name from the general shape of the track layout. -Harvey (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

(...) <snips list> Since were talking about green, slopes and trains ... has anyone else noticed that the nose piece on the 4561 engine (in blue) is the same piece used in Flashspeeder (in green) ? Hmmm, a green engine ? Ray (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

(...) Oh, there's lots of things with green medium (2x2 for example) and low (2x3 for example) slopes. The only green inverse x2 or x3 slope piece which I'm pretty sure doesn't exist yet is the 2x2 inverse corner. I'm not sure about the 1x3 inverse (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

(...) I'm showing 7124-Flashspeeder as having two 33 3 x 2 inverted slopes in green. There may be others. Ray (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at SMRC Train Show - Feb 24 & 25

(...) Oooooh, that Genesisi is nice! I like the coupler with the gray 6-wide fence turned 90 degrees beneath, quite cool. Good show! later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track to return engine? In English?

(...) In the US it would be called a run around track. (...) Bumper comes to mind for the US, though I'm not sure if that's the railroading term. Frank (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track to return engine? In English?

(...) Passing Loop with head shunt. (looks "something" like: ______ -----<______>--- There are several versions of this possible. (...) Buffer stop, or Hydraulic Buffer (depeding on design) Of course, that is English, not NA :). Over here, they (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Railroad Crossing Lift-Gate Plans

(...) This wouldn't be easy to implement but how about placing the motor midway between both gates? Will Bricksburg Fire and Rescue: www.crosswinds.net/~hokie Bricksburg Depot: (URL) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: euroLiner (my new train)

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:3a9955e0.223730...net.com... (...) Hi Todd! I have used "GeoType" (sometimes called Letraset). It is a set of letters that come on a waxy paper. You put the waxy paper down onto the object (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Track to return engine? In English?

Hi! English is not my native language, so: What is that track or branch called and final stations so the engine can switch to the other end of the train? Overrun? circulation? What is the stopper (buffer stop) called in English? I am working on an (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Droid Escape Tank Car

I added some closeups of the trucks ((URL) to show the difficulty in attaching them. Any other ideas? I tried attaching the trucks with single plates instead of the double plates that I have and they were not very stable rolling on track. The tank (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC

(...) I can speak for the the GMLTC too! We are in the unfortunate position of having to turn down prospective members at this time. We just don't have the room! Our weekly "meetings" are held in Conan's basement, we've got around 13' x 20' of (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: idea for quarter panel use (new)

(...) This may not relate, but you gould also use 4 quarter panels to make a larger water tank for an older building. You could use a few plates for the framing (build it from scratch). then maybe some slopes for the hatches? Josh (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Site

(...) Blame that on 'el cheapo' shareware software that we used to create the thumbnails. We want to completely rewrite the website - just because I've owned the domain name for 2+ years doesn't mean we work on it very often! <grin> We'll probably (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: euroLiner (my new train)

(...) I like it! How did you get the "euroLiner" text on the side? Is that a LEGO sticker or did you laser-print on a sticky transparency? --Todd (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  GMLTC Site

Hi, I was looking at your site (URL) I was wondering what was up with all the thumbnails? They all have something written across them. Chris (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Droid Escape Tank Car

(...) Rich, it looks good. I like the way you got the ladders on. So far, I think that this is the most successful tank car from the droid escape set. However, I too think that it it to high off the trucks. The greatest feature of the droid escape (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  idea for quarter panel use (new)

For a couple weeks now, I've been working a model of the following tear-drop center-flow hopper: (URL) haven't had much success with a model of it yet, so I thought I would throw it out to you all and maybe we could come up with some ideas. I (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at SMRC Train Show - Feb 24 & 25

(...) I think the Genesis: (URL) awesome. Some amazing SNOTwork on the nose. More tape striping and decals and inking than I'd personally care for, but if someone printed up some STICKERS, I'm there. ++Lar (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Railroad Crossing Lift-Gate Plans

(...) What I did on my lift bridge was used two motors but slaved them together with a geartrain and axle. That way they had to stay in synch but I wasn't asking one motor to keep both sides synched. ++Lar (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Droid Escape Tank Car

Looks good Rich, I really like the ladders and the top platform. It seems to sit a bit high on the trucks for my personal taste, but there's not much you can do unless you start using 2x2 turntables to attach the trucks to the frame. -chris ps. your (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Railroad Crossing Lift-Gate Plans

I've been trying to build a dual one (i.e. a gate on each side of the rails), but I keep having trouble keeping the sides in synch. If I use two motors, they seem to turn at slightly different rates so the gates don't line up after a while. I tried (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Droid Escape Tank Car

(...) Escape Pod for my own tank car(s) or as an oversize pipe or culvert load. I think I'll settle for the latter (i.e. I'm goin' to Wal-Mart tonite) Once I get my new camera, I'll post some pics of my own. -Harvey (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at SMRC Train Show - Feb 24 & 25

I like the building on fire. Great idea that I'm going to <yoink> -john (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures of GFLTC at SMRC Train Show - Feb 24 & 25

LUGNETers, Here is the first batch of pictures, of the GFLTC at the SMRC Snowball Express Train Show. (URL) is still one more day to go! So come on out if your in town and check it out. Robin Werner Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl) !

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

(...) Wow! I want one! Where did you get all the parts? I haven't seen anything with green inverse slopes in it - and the only normal slopes I've seen have been in pumpkin packs. Jason J Railton. (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

(...) Yeah, I know. I just meant that they're nothing new. (...) I think Matt was taking the mick with his message about buying $1 000 000 dollars of bulkpacks to get enough of the right pieces to build a single engine. But have a look at the ad (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: bruised ego

[ROTFL after blowing Coke and Kettle Korn on my monitor] Sorry, I hope it was taken as posted --lightly. Seriously, one of the neat things is to get together, thump our chests with MOCs, and watch our little contraptions run around on metal rails. (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Droid Escape Tank Car

I'll snap some tomorrow. I am still not satisfied with all of the detail on the tank car, but I can worry about that later... (...) (URL)and (URL) inspired me to try (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Droid Escape Tank Car

Cool Rich! Do you have any close-ups of the trucks? Scott Member 718 (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Droid Escape Tank Car

That's looks pretty good. I've been using this set like crazy in my town stuff and i've seen the castle guys using it as well. I've bought at least 10 so far. This is such a wonderful set for such a cheap price! I'm so happy LEGO came out with it. (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Droid Escape Tank Car

Seeing the Tank Cars at: (2 URLs) inspired me to try another variation on the Droid Escape Tank Car(TM). It can be viewed at: (URL) Thompson (URL) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Desiel Locomotive fuel tanks?

(...) Yeah, i guess that could be. I'll add a few ways to make them on my ideas page. Also, i have a problem, well not actully problem, but my engines (as in the pistons...) just don't look good, I'll have to researh some building ideas for the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Desiel Locomotive fuel tanks?

(...) Leaving them out is a sign that the builder is still learning his craft. I wouldn't jump on people for leaving them out, per se. I never do, though. ++Lar (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC

(...) Blame me if you like, I was there (on a long term project in MSP) at the time that the club was deciding on a name. J2 had suggested GMLTC, standing for Greater Minnesota LTC. I lobbied hard for changing Minnesota to Midwest to be more (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC

I can speak for GMLTC. <grin> The orginal name was Greater Minnesota Lego Train Club. At the time there was only one other formalized train club, the PNLTC. We had been displaying the layout for a few years at this point. Orginally all of the (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC

Well I can't speek for the members of GMLTC but I think you could say "thems the breaks". They were there frist and they could name themselves whatever they wanted and they picked GMLTC. I would suggest that if your MICHLTC expands to other states (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  GMLTC

A year ago I asked the Greater Midwest Lego Train Club if I could become a member. Their response was "We are a highly localized group in The Twin Cities/Minnesota area." I dont know if that was the response any other of you guys, but I live in (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Desiel Locomotive fuel tanks?

(...) I'm not sure if you have seen mine, but most of my stuff has fuel tanks. The one engine I hadn't fitted fuel tanks to, was because I didn't know how I was going to do so (it is a SNOT engine) (URL) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Desiel Locomotive fuel tanks?

(...) I've seen lots with out the tanks... Josh (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ballast & Ore

I think I'd rather just drop some Megabloks in a meat grinder... (...) Lightfoot lightfoot@earthling.net (URL) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Reminder: Snowball Express Train Show - Feb 24 & 25

I'll have to settle for the pictures :o( JJSierra "Robin Werner" <robstormer@cs.com> wrote in message news:G98t46.n2H@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

"Frank Buiting" <frank.buiting@infopulse.nl> wrote in message news:G97wE0.BJp@lugnet.com... (...) are (...) available? (...) will (...) could (...) Any NEW train is good for me.... it's been a while since they come up with a new train :oD I'm (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Desiel Locomotive fuel tanks?

(...) Not everyone, in fact all the diesel MOC's I've seen thus far have included a fuel tank. Even when I was just starting out in LEGO trains, one of the first things I did was give the 4565 a fuel tank beneath it's frame. Of course I took out the (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

Even that this is old news, Greg did something else: He scanned the picture so we could see it. Thanx a bounch! Sonnich Greg Majewski <citrusx__@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G96EA6.HMr@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Old train on ebay

(...) I guess a couple of things worth mentioning are the fact that the second highest bidder was our old friend esc1 again, and also that the high bidder actually sniped it with 14 seconds left. All it takes is two bidders to run something like (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Old train on ebay

Hi all. I guess y'all saw Item #560603393 on ebay? Train 080, went for over US$1500? It still amazes me when I see these prices for old sets MIB or not! ROSCO (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: bruised ego

(...) Ok, some comments... I love the town scene with the AT-AT walker causing a ruckus, and the giant Dalmatian in the fire house. I can also see the reason to get one of the normal colored clocks, that clock tower looks nice. Of course I liked (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: bruised ego

(...) If you get far enough away, depth of field shouldn't be too much of a problem. The problem with getting overview shots is getting far enough away to get a good shot. It's also hard to up very high (which would help an overview shot, an (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Desiel Locomotive fuel tanks?

I've noticed that lots of peoples locomotives are missing the fuel tanks. The under frame of a locomotive dosn't look right with out them. Any one else see this? I try to make mine look as realistic as possiblt with legos. Josh (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Reminder: Snowball Express Train Show - Feb 24 & 25

I just wanted to remind anyone in the central Florida area, that GFLTC has a display Snowball Express Train Show. Come on out and check it out live! But if you can't make it, we will have pictures on-line soon. Once again see you at the show... (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: bruised ego

(...) been super busy, and I haven't gotten through all the pictures of the various shows. I also tend to feel dumb if I don't have something to say other than "wow". Chris PS I'll comment about the show when I get done with looking at everything. (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Railroad Crossing Lift-Gate Plans

(...) Chris, is it all right if i use this idea on my ideas page, with a link to your e-mail or a website? If so, thanks in advance! Josh (URL) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

Nice, Steve- I like how the coaches have evolved. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

(...) It appears that the engine in the photo does not use a powered wheel base set like set #5300. This would make this train engine a push along train making the price of the engine relatively cheap (but what is cheap in lego terms?) When it says (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

(...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Ballast & Ore

Yes! One could use it in a Grain elevator/hopper car setup. The possibilities... (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

(...) Great use of girly parts for the coach balconies! (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Restored Abt railway opens

No, it's not Lego related - but it could be! :P Soooo who is going to be the first to make a model similar to this out of Lego? :) hehe... Mel (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: bruised ego

Er, Dan, You don't use that slogan when you present at the schools, do you? Maybe that's why they haven't been calling back... ;-) Rick C. In lugnet.trains, Dan Parker writes: <snip> (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

Here's my attempt at the new engine... but in green, I wanted it to match my coaches. (URL) 'who needs instructions' B PNLTC (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

(...) They also are sticking with stickers in the technic line a lot. The WORST sticker ever made by TLG has to be the sticker for the feet of the 3po. (...) They look like the pieces that are used e.g. as a "dress" for some minfigs like the witch. (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact