 Trains / 9930
Re: Droid Escape Tank Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 18:28:37 GMT

Christopher Tracey wrote:

Looks good Rich,
I really like the ladders and the top platform.  It seems to sit a bit
high on the trucks for my personal taste, but there's not much you can
do unless you start using 2x2 turntables to attach the trucks to the
frame.

-chris

Rich, it looks good. I like the way you got the ladders on. So far, I think that
this is the most successful tank car from the droid escape set. However, I too
think that it it to high off the trucks. The greatest feature of the droid
escape pod is the same feature that causes the biggest problem. It is perfectly
round. It looks great, but there is virtually no place to attach anything. Your
work around for the ladder is great. The truck attachment is pretty good.

Chris

ps. your page is really slow loading on my 56k connection, any chance
you can have thumbnails instead of shrinking down the larger images?

Rich Thompson wrote:

Seeing the Tank Cars at: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=33734
and http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=2136, inspired me to try
another variation on the Droid Escape Tank Car(TM). It can be viewed at:

http://www.robotthoughts.com/article.php?sid=105

LMKWYT...Thanks!

Rich Thompson
http://www.robotthoughts.com