 Trains / 9939
Re: Motorized Railroad Crossing Lift-Gate Plans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 22:33:48 GMT

I tried to use one motor with an axel going under the tracks to drive the
other gate, but the gearing leading to the second gate uses up a bit of
travel so the second gate always lags behind the first and can't travel far
enough.

This wouldn't be easy to implement but how about placing the motor midway
between both gates?

Will

Bricksburg Fire and Rescue: www.crosswinds.net/~hokie
Bricksburg Depot: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=willhess