 Trains / 9935
Re: GMLTC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 19:35:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Kelly writes:
I can speak for GMLTC.  <grin>
It's nothing personal.  If you're around when we do a show, we'd be happy to
run some of your trains.  That something we extend to anyone who makes one
of our shows.  If they build and bring it, we'll run it.  If you're in
Minneapolis some Thursday night, let us know and if we're building we'll let
you plunk down some gridwork and towers on the new layout.

I can speak for the the GMLTC too!

We are in the unfortunate position of having to turn down prospective
members at this time.  We just don't have the room!  Our weekly "meetings"
are held in Conan's basement, we've got around 13' x 20' of space, when you
put two big building tables, plus 500,000+ bricks, plus six or eight people
-- there is hardly enough room to move!  (We keep many of the bricks on the
other side of the basement in the 'overflow' area.)  Trying to work on two
40"x60" layout sections is proving to be quite difficult, since we end up
with more people trying to build than can easily reach the sections...

If someday we have more space, we'll be happy to have more people come over.
(Standing GMLTC joke:  'Did you win the lottery yet?  Can we buy a warehouse
yet?'  <grin> )

Like J-3 says:  If you have a train you want to run on our layout, bring it
to a show sometime.  (That is, once we have a layout to show again!)  If you
want to build two sections to add to our layout, great!  Once we get the
updated 'GMLTC standards' finalized, we'll post them here and you can begin
building.  (Be advised that each section takes over 15,000 bricks to build.)
If you have suggestions as to what we can or should build, let one of us know!

We'll be posting more 'in progress' pictures as the new layout is developed,
so stay tuned.  Just don't be impatient, since it will probably be six
months or so until we have a complete layout again.

JohnG, GMLTC