 Trains / 9910
Re: GMLTC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 23:09:52 GMT

Well I can't speek for the members of GMLTC but I think you could say "thems
the breaks".  They were there frist and they could name themselves whatever
they wanted and they picked GMLTC.

I would suggest that if your MICHLTC expands to other states and you want to
change your name then how about GLLTC (Great Lakes LEGO Train Club)?  I am just
guessing but that seems to make sense considering your geographic location.

I think Larry P. would call this "First Mover Status" or something like that.
He who is there first gets to do what they want and set the bar where they
want.  GMLTC was there first so they got to name themselves what they wanted.
Now those that follow just have to be more origional when picking a name.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

In lugnet.trains, Kai Brodersen writes:
A year ago I asked the Greater Midwest Lego Train Club if I could become a
member.  Their response was "We are a highly localized group in The Twin
Cities/Minnesota area."    I dont know if that was the response any other of
you guys, but I live in Michigan IN THE MIDWEST!  Surely a man from Michigan
can join a GREATER Midwest lego Train Club?!?!?!?!?  This brings me to my
point.  Why is GMLTC named Greater MIDWEST Lego Train Club????  Shouldnt it
be Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul Lego Train Club???  What if MICHLTC were to
expand and have members from Indiana Illinios Ohio and so forth,  Would we
call it the IN-IL-OH-MICH-LTC or the I-I-L-O-M-LTC?  It seems fair that if
GMLTC is going to be Localized in Minnesota it should be the MLTC or
something of that matter.

Confused
Kai
**My Two Cents