 Trains / Train Organizations / 1130
Re: GMLTC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 23:08:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Kai Brodersen writes:
SNipped

Correction accepted. I was willing to take the fall for this since Kai has
already stated he considers me a meanie, or words to that effect...

yes i do and i up hold my statement but i do not want tell you why to
embarrass you and get insulting and i would need a .flame for that.

Well, something inside me says 'I won't touch this with a 39 1/2 foot pole'
and the other half says, 'maybe a few enlightening observations could help
here.'

never was shouting, your just looking for something wrong with me.

Larry and I have not had a perfect track record, but I think I speak for
both of us when I say we have a mutual respect for each other, and we've
worked through our differences in the past.  Though Larry and I do not agree
on everything 100% (and some things we greatly differ on), I have never
known Larry to actively look for something wrong in someone.  Overall, I
know Larry to be a very reasonable guy, yes, he is a bull in a china shop,
but a reasonable one. ;-)

I'm not so sure.  Being a member of the GMLTC is not an entitlement.

I dont care any more seeing how NICE GMLTC members act towards new comers
and potential members.  Nice rep.

I don't think they were acting mean towards you at all.  They were just
stating facts, so it is not (inappropriately) assumed that membership is a
right, based on geographical area, desire to be included, or whatever other
factor.  The facts are, they are a club, they have the rights to govern who
is and who isn't a member, and no one can say anything to the contrary (in
an ideal situation).  Some members have pointed out space limitations in
Conan's basement...this is a very reasonable reason for not expanding the
membership.  I don't know the GMLTC gang well enough, but I have met a fair
number in person and am good friends with one member, and from my experience
with them they are not just big kids being jerks about their toys.  Kai,
you're taking this way too personally and going off the deep end with it.

is something else to be confused about, Kai.  We could change our name to the
KLTC (Kai's LEGO Train Club) and *still* not invite you.  Go figure that.

And sorry John but i could copy right it before you do your first show and
sue your little *** for all its worth assuming your *** is worth something.

Bet you think you're hot stuff because of that.  Chill out, man!  The only
one yelling and making a big deal out of this is you.  That statement and
concept is rather irrelevant to the discussion at hand, leave it be.

And i never wanted to get at this tone of voice you forced me into it.  My
original question had parentheses saying no offense.  Go Figure THAT!

Your original question was filled with shouting, excessive exclamation
points, and bold statements.  You need to tone your posts down about 6
levels and develop your thoughts rather than going emotional with lots of
punctuation and capital letters.

It all really translates to learning how to conduct yourself in a discussion
online.  I went through it when I was 14 on RTL (rec.toys.lego), I've helped
others through the process as of recently.  But, the way you communicate on
LUGNET doesn't fall within accepted 'netiquette.'  You come across as rude,
emotional, and irrational (just calling it as I see it, no offense
(honestly!) intended).  Think about what you post first, don't post
impulsively or when you're extremely mad.  Think how it will be recieved, etc.

(snipped)
At least that's the way it *ought* to be. Your lawyer may choose to push a
different interpretation, but that's an issue with things the way they are,
not with things as they ought to be.

Here's a question, though? Is it nicer to make up little white lies like
"you're not geographically close enough" or is it better to say "we choose
not to admit you" (because you're 12, or because you are too boisterous or
whatever)?

Well heres something else to think about maybe next show when i have some
key items in the show, when you show up i will say "You are to self-centered
i will take my stuff and leave."  and then what are you going to do sue me ?
For walking out on a show?  Try acting nice to me I just want to help.

No need to go emotional on that.  Here were a few people trying to explain
why they limit their membership (and never did they ONCE say they would not
admit you because of your age).  I think they did a good job of
level-headedly replying to your rather arrogant and emotional post, and you
return that with the same original tone.  Really, there's no need to get mad
about this.

And Larry quit being so pompous will ya.

Larry has a big head, and he admits it.  No matter what we all think of him,
he will have a big head, there's not much we can do about it but live with
it.  But, he was trying to be helpful and outline what is the truth in this
situation, I don't think that was carrying over to here.

And i guess with the ending of this post comes the fact that we are enemies,
Larry, and nothing will change that, cause you started out on the wrong foot
with me Larry, and next time a new member comes in remember that.

That's really your choice whether you are willing to forgive Larry and move on.

by the way Larry i copyrighted the Logo For MICHLTC. And as Federal Law
states i can copy right anything by just puting a circled c at the bottom
and that is true if you want to argue...
the next time you do a MICHLTC show i guess youll have to use a different
logo or ask nicely to get my permission.

BTW this is a weak flame for Larry.  I apologize to the rest of the good
train folks, I just had a simple question that i asked and then SOMEBODY
turned it into a warzone.

That somebody who turned it into a 'warzone' is you, with this post.  I wish
you could see it, you really need to tone your stuff down and not act in
this way.  If you want some help learning how to conduct yourself online I'm
here to help, but only if you promise to be reasonable with me.

In the mean time...chill out man, please?

-Tim